Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Helix Floor is not updating (No device connected - firmware 1.06.5)

ryos17

Hello,

I recently got a used helix floor that was sitting in a guys garage for a while.

I tried using multiple usb cables but no luck. The hx edit and line 6 updater is not detecting the Helix

What should I do?

On 8/28/2024 at 1:58 AM, ryos17 said:

Hello,

I recently got a used helix floor that was sitting in a guys garage for a while.

I tried using multiple usb cables but no luck. The hx edit and line 6 updater is not detecting the Helix

What should I do?

If you're using a USB hub, ditch it and connect Helix directly. Failing that, the only other option you really have is a factory reset...might not help, but it won't hurt either. After that it's service ticket time...

On 8/28/2024 at 6:58 AM, ryos17 said:

Hello,

What should I do?

Hi,

Well, IIRC, v.1.06.5 was the first ever update to the Helix firmware, from way back in February 2016. If the unit you have acquired has been sitting in a garage and subject to various amounts of humidity, cold and condensation over that amount of time, I’m surprised that it is not simply an issue with the USB.

Anyhow, even though the release notes state that you can update to 3.71 from any earlier release, you should be aware that there was a major change to the Helix Core engine at v. 2.80. It may be advisable to try installing an earlier revision of the firmware and then a couple of other increments, before making the jump to the latest.

Oh, yeah - you didn’t mention what computer and operating system you are using? The front USB ports on some PCs act like a USB hub and can cause problems. If this is the case, then try connecting the USB to a port on the rear of your computer.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2024 at 6:01 AM, datacommando said:

Hi,

Well, IIRC, v.1.06.5 was the first ever update to the Helix firmware, from way back in February 2016. If the unit you have acquired has been sitting in a garage and subject to various amounts of humidity, cold and condensation over that amount of time, I’m surprised that it is not simply an issue with the USB.

Anyhow, even though the release notes state that you can update to 3.71 from any earlier release, you should be aware that there was a major change to the Helix Core engine at v. 2.80. It may be advisable to try installing an earlier revision of the firmware and then a couple of other increments, before making the jump to the latest.

Oh, yeah - you didn’t mention what computer and operating system you are using? The front USB ports on some PCs act like a USB hub and can cause problems. If this is the case, then try connecting the USB to a port on the rear of your computer.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Thank you :)

• Thanks 1