Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Assign expression pedal in snapshots on Hx Effects

papabass

Hi, I try to to create 2 snapshots, in Snapshot 1 the expression pedal change the Decay value of a  reverb and in Snapshot 2  change the Intensity value of Shimmer Reverb.

Is it possible? When I assign the controller in snapshot 1, change in Snapshot 2 too

On 9/23/2024 at 6:27 AM, papabass said:

Hi, I try to to create 2 snapshots, in Snapshot 1 the expression pedal change the Decay value of a  reverb and in Snapshot 2  change the Intensity value of Shimmer Reverb.

Is it possible? When I assign the controller in snapshot 1, change in Snapshot 2 too

Hi,

It might be beneficial to read the HX Effects 3.0 Owner’s Manual > Using Snapshots > page 31. Also, check out the Command Centre function (page 41) for more flexibility. 

https://line6.com/data/6/0a00050e070d666767d27e720/application/pdf/HX Effects 3.0 Owner's Manual - English .pdf

Hope this helps/makes sense. 

On 9/27/2024 at 1:58 AM, datacommando said:

Hi,

It might be beneficial to read the HX Effects 3.0 Owner’s Manual > Using Snapshots > page 31. Also, check out the Command Centre function (page 41) for more flexibility. 

https://line6.com/data/6/0a00050e070d666767d27e720/application/pdf/HX Effects 3.0 Owner's Manual - English .pdf

Hope this helps/makes sense. 

I have read the manual but I have hx effects for just a month so I am still learning.
If you could be more specific it would be very helpful.
Thanks for your response!

What I like to do is use the "Mix" parameters of both blocks and assign it to snapshots.  I also remove the snapshot bypass from both blocks, since I’m controlling the bypass with the expression pedal.  

So the expression pedal for me controls bypass behavior of both blocks, using the default "toggle" bypass behavior.  I have it so that toe down--both of the blocks are on; heel position, both of them are off.  But depending on the snapshot, one of the blocks will be mixed at 0%, while the other one is at let's say 50%.  That's how I do it. 

I don't trust the new "toe down" behavior.  It has had very serious issues in the past, causing me to downgrade to 3.11. 

• Upvote 1