Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

noise each time Tap light blinks - Stomp XL

saneff

Each time it blinks (HX Stomp XL)it makes a little faint beep or light noise through the PA. It happened at band practice last night. I am not sure if it's coming through my amp (it's mic'd into the PA) or if it's some sort of interference. Anyone had this issue and know how to fix? 

• saneff changed the title to noise each time Tap light blinks - Stomp XL

Sorry, no immediate solution but -

Glanced at the manual, apparently in the Global/Footswitch menu you have an option to change the Tap function to Bypass.  I'd assume that would stop the blinking, and probably set the light to one of two states- lit/unlit.  This would at least let you determine if one state or the other is causing the noise, or switching between the two.  While we're waiting for a solution to be offered, this seems at least a usable diagnostic. 

Best I got - there are some great folks 'round here, I'm sure the answer is out there.

Had similar issue when I daisy-chain power between HX Stomp (not XL) and Line6 G75 wireless receiver. Do you share HX Stomp XL power with any other pedal?

My solution was to use isolated power to each pedals.

On 9/24/2024 at 7:08 PM, yalyari said:

Had similar issue when I daisy-chain power between HX Stomp (not XL) and Line6 G75 wireless receiver. Do you share HX Stomp XL power with any other pedal?

My solution was to use isolated power to each pedals.

The Stomp XL is alone with no other pedals right now. I was using a wireless to my guitar though. It just hit me I wonder if it could be coming from that?