Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Pro - Recording With The Dry Output.

HarryFromAten

you need to plug into the guitar input....

NEVER plug "in" to an output.

the dry out is to plug into another interface... always plug "an out to an in" and "an in to an out"

engaging the tuner should give you the dry input into your DAW.

the only other way is over SPDIF via another interface...

or perhaps just selecting one of the "new tones" that come from the factory.

yeah, as long as the pod isn't your interface.

what i do is set the SPDIF to dry and go out digitally into my other interface, 

then i also take the standard outs into the interface as well so that i can record both wet and dry...

but your interface may not have SPDIF, and you may not be trying to do the same thing....

anyway sounds like you're on the right track.

Oh haha thank you! So i just plug the dry output into the input of my interface and that should work? 

yeah, as long as the pod isn't your interface.

what i do is set the SPDIF to dry and go out digitally into my other interface, 

then i also take the standard outs into the interface as well so that i can record both wet and dry...

but your interface may not have SPDIF, and you may not be trying to do the same thing....

anyway sounds like you're on the right track.

Ah yes it's working now! thank you very much:) 

Also sorry to keep asking questions but if i wanted to record a tone i have made on my pod should i plug the left and right unbalanced output into my interface inputs and record like that or just connect my pod via usb and record it from the usb?  

for simplicities sake i'd just plug the regular 1/4" outs into the other interface.

just much easier to deal with a single interface.

you could do it the other way but then you'd have to move your outputs too... not worth the hassle in my opinion.