Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Midi problem snapshot midi .


who842
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I’m trying to understand whether this is a bug in Helix Stadium or if I’m missing a setting.

On the older Helix/HX units, I could assign a footswitch to send a MIDI CC Toggle, for example:

0 = OFF
127 = ON

The ON/OFF state of that MIDI footswitch could be associated with snapshots, and the switch state/LED followed the snapshot correctly.

What I’m trying to achieve on Helix Stadium is this:

Snapshot 1 → external MIDI device OFF
Snapshot 2 → external MIDI device ON
Snapshot 3 → external MIDI device OFF

But I also want to be able to manually change the external MIDI state while I’m inside a snapshot.

For example:

I recall Snapshot 1 and the external MIDI device is OFF.

Then I press my MIDI footswitch and turn the external device ON.

Should Snapshot 1 now remember that MIDI switch state?

If I change to another snapshot and later return to Snapshot 1, should it remember the last state I manually selected, or should it return to the originally saved state?

On the older Helix/HX system, CC Toggle switch states could be stored/recalled with snapshots, so it was possible to have individual MIDI ON/OFF states associated with each snapshot.

On Helix Stadium, the MIDI CC commands themselves work, but the CC Toggle footswitch state does not seem to behave the same way. The state can appear to carry across snapshots instead of each snapshot having its own independent state.

Instant Commands can send specific MIDI values when recalling a snapshot, but that is different from having a normal MIDI CC Toggle footswitch whose current ON/OFF state is remembered by the snapshot.

So my questions are:

Is a MIDI CC Toggle footswitch supposed to have an independent ON/OFF state for each snapshot on Helix Stadium?

If I manually change that MIDI state while using a snapshot, can the snapshot remember that change?

Is this behaviour different from the original Helix/HX by design, or is it currently a bug/missing feature?

Is there a Command Center or Snapshot Control setting that enables this?

It would be great if Line 6 could clarify the intended behaviour.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/5/2026 at 7:48 AM, who842 said:

.

I’m trying to understand whether this is a bug in Helix Stadium or if I’m missing a setting.

….

I recall Snapshot 1 and the external MIDI device is OFF.

Then I press my MIDI footswitch and turn the external device ON.

Should Snapshot 1 now remember that MIDI switch state?

If I change to another snapshot and later return to Snapshot 1, should it remember the last state I manually selected, or should it return to the originally saved state?

…

Are you familiar with the Discard Edits parameter? That may be what you’re missing. In OG Helix it was called the Snapshot Edits parameter.

https://manuals.line6.com/en/helix-stadium/live/snapshots#The-Snapshot-Panel

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...