argusvidicon

Pod Hd500 Longer Power Cable

In my dream the power cable for the POD HD500 would be at least 25Ft. Has anyone extended theirs? How can I buy an extra one that I can use to create a long one on my own? I'd like to hear a lot of comments on this. I use my HD500 in live situations and things get ugly with such a short Power Cable. I often wonder what Line 6 was thinking.

I use an extension cable, as it likely cheaper method.

I second this. I'd much rather run a heavy duty extension cord across the stage rather a tiny DC cable. You want something that can withstand getting walked on, tripped over, or whatever. Also, if the cable does get pulled, I think you have less chance of the HD500's power jack getting damaged if you keep the switching power supply near the the HD500.

• Upvote 1

I second this. I'd much rather run a heavy duty extension cord across the stage rather a tiny DC cable. You want something that can withstand getting walked on, tripped over, or whatever. Also, if the cable does get pulled, I think you have less chance of the HD500's power jack getting damaged if you keep the switching power supply near the the HD500.

Yes even a better answer.  In a live situation ... heavy duty cables.

Thanks for the discussion and comments.  I have Google on my computer thanks LoL!.  I will get an AC extension cable to the length I need, and keep the switching power supply near the HD500.