crm3550

Amplifi vs POD HD500 tone quality

If any of you have a review of the tone quality between the two for live playing situations let me know.

I have the hd500 the hd500x and the amplifi fx100. It is my opinion that the amplifi fx 100 sounds the most natural of the 3. Right out of the box I liked the live sound of the amplifi better. Even though it doesn't have the switching flexibility of th HD line, I find myself using the Amplifi. If I were you, I would hold out for the Firehawk.

The amplifi live is closer to the sound in the headphones, if you know what I mean?

Strato

I definitely like the AMPLIFi better. Quicker and easier to get good sounding tones. Here is a quick comparison. 

Also, I will be getting the FIREHAWK asap! Best of both the AMPLIFi and the HD500x, plus I get my variax input!

• Upvote 1

I have the hd500 the hd500x and the amplifi fx100. It is my opinion that the amplifi fx 100 sounds the most natural of the 3.

I totally agree with this statement above.  I have owned those products and the sound of the FX100 sounds more authentic to me too.  I wish that someone could get my Vetta 2 combo amp fixed so that I could play my FX100 through it- It would blow my windows!  Back to Firehawk, it looks like a hybrid between the FX100 & HD500X.  I need to see & hear several demos before ordering it.

I have the hd500 the hd500x and the amplifi fx100. It is my opinion that the amplifi fx 100 sounds the most natural of the 3.

I totally agree with this statement above. I have owned those products and the sound of the FX100 sounds more authentic to me too. I wish that someone could get my Vetta 2 combo amp fixed so that I could play my FX100 through it- It would blow my windows! Back to Firehawk, it looks like a hybrid between the FX100 & HD500X. I need to see & hear several demos before ordering it.

It's basically an AMPLIFi FX100 on crack, plus HD models and a variax input. Take my money now... No really... I preordered it and I want it now so take the money out of my account and ship it to me now!!!!!! :-)