Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JVT Battery Life

I'll apologize up front if this has already been addressed... Didn't see anything though. I just got a JVT 59 and the manual states the battery will last about 12 hours. I am getting about 4 or 5 hours out of it. I bought the guitar new, so it shouldn't be a case of end of life or anything like that. Any thoughts?

I ordered a Line 6 a/b that will also power the guitar, but may not always want to lug my pedal board - Besides, I paid for a battery that should work! I would love some feedback on this.

Thanks!

Hi xray

If you unplug your lead from the JTV when not in use and turn the volume to zero during set breaks that should considerably extend the battery life. My JTV 59 battery is a couple of years old now and I still get pretty much the full 12 hours by doing this.

Good luck!

Hi xray

If you unplug your lead from the JTV when not in use and turn the volume to zero during set breaks that should considerably extend the battery life. My JTV 59 battery is a couple of years old now and I still get pretty much the full 12 hours by doing this.

Good luck!

I have a 4 hour practice every Sunday and it barely makes it through... I wonder if I have a faulty battery?

Are you sure you are fully charging it?  Getting four lights?  I don't know if I get 12 hours but I certainly get more than 4.

Yes, charging appropriately and getting four lights, down to two lights in about 2 hours and pretty much dead in 4, maybe 5 hours.

I would get a second new battery then.  Maybe yours is defective.  Having two is never a bad idea anyway if you use the battery most of the time.  I don't like the power supply, TRS option.  I do like the VDI power option but that requires that you have a pod that supports VDI.

Yes, charging appropriately and getting four lights, down to two lights in about 2 hours and pretty much dead in 4, maybe 5 hours.

Long shot, but if you know anyone else with a JTV you could try their battery to see if the same thing happens. If it does it indicates there could be something wrong with the guitar itself.

I would get a second new battery then.  Maybe yours is defective.  Having two is never a bad idea anyway if you use the battery most of the time.  I don't like the power supply, TRS option.  I do like the VDI power option but that requires that you have a pod that supports VDI.

I called Guitar Center and they are willing to replace the battery if the problem persists. I have band practice on Sunday so I'll give it one more good test run then. I have to ask, why aren't you a fan of the TRS option?  I really like my pedal board set up and amp, so I am not wanting to spend a lot on a POD just for the purpose of powering the guitar.

I've played for 8-10 hours on a single charge, but I've recently noticed that one of my two batteries is going bad. It'll only hold a charge for about 15 minutes. My other battery works fine, but I've started to use VDI power from the POD, so I only use it every once in a while to keep it from sitting on the charger.

Now, if only I can figure out why my tuner keeps breaking my high E.