Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can the HD500X Footswitches change the JTV Variax Models???

felipemartin

Hello, is there a way in which when I'm using a preset on my Variax HD500X, when I press a Footswitch, my JTV Variax model will change from one to another?   My idea is that as I press a Footswitch, I can change my 12-String Acoustic model  to a 6 strings one?

Best regards, 

The short answer is yes, but it's not that the Variax models are programmed to certain footswitches within a preset like you do with effects. You can save presets with a specific Variax model (and tuning if you want) so that when you bring up that preset, the Variax changes accordingly.

Also worth knowing is that with one of the recent firmware updates, the requested Bank Change feature appears to be implemented*

By this I mean that selecting a JTV Model using an HD500 will change the Bank on the JTV so that moving the pickup selector on the JTV will select other Models in that Bank no matter what the Bank Knob says is selected

So even though you have say "Lester" selected on the Bank Knob if you select Acoustic-1 via the HD500 moving the pickup selector will select other Acoustic Bank Models - including the 12 strings, 

* I say "appears" because it wasn't included in any Release Notes.  It had been requested so that when you switched to say Spank you automatically had the other Pickup options available without having to worry about the Bank knob.  Very important if you change pickup positions during solos - previously it would respect the Bank position when you switched pickups meaning that unless you were very careful you could go from Spank-4 to Acoustic-5 which can ruin at least the feel of a solo.

It is worth testing your rig to see how it behaves