Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ux8 Problem with Yosemite

Having precisely this problem too.  I can't use my UX 8 even with the new drivers that have been issued.  It instantly crashes my Mac.  I perhaps should have held off on the Yosemite download and I know the UX 8 is a legacy device but even so, a solution would be enormously appreciated.

• Upvote 2

To add:  I have tried installing the kexts separately using Pacifist (both signed and unsigned), I've tried downgrading the drivers as well, through Line 6 Monkey (updated and legacy versions) and the Line 6 support page.  The interface appears to be having a conflict with CoreAudio when the interface initialises.

• Upvote 2

If anybody's reading this with the same issue, I'm planning to call up Line 6 tomorrow (I live in the UK) and see if I can get anywhere with their support team.  It's very frustrating but I understand that this happens to all companies at some point.  I'm also aware that I should have held off on the Yosemite update but when the driver says it's compatible, you assume that's the case.  Not angry, just a little frustrated - but not assigning blame to anybody.

• Upvote 1

I just spoke to a very pleasant gentleman from Line 6 in the UK.  They are aware of issues and they will be discussing the problem internally soon.  I was advised to check the website in a week for new drivers.  There doesn't seem to be a solution at the moment and it's the US side of Line 6 that decide when these updates are made.

Same here, since I upgraded to Yosemite, my Mac Mini crashes right after Login Page...

In my experience, it's at the point the OS loads CoreAudio or the UX 8.  The system tries to determine which one to use and is having difficulty, causing a kernel panic.  There's some kind of major conflict between CoreAudio and the Line 6 drivers, either during login or when the UX 8 initialises after plugging it in to a running system.

I'm using Logic X Pro. Loading and running is fine but when I power off the UX8 the iMac crashes from a kernel problem and reboots. I cant currently use monkey (as previous posts issue) but managed to manually install the Yosemite driver update.

Frustrating!

• Upvote 1

Hi

I too have same problem with ux8 with yosemite update also I have a m audio firewire 410 that does not work anymore and they have not addressed the issue since Snow leopard and ignoring any suggestion to provide a solution, so Line 6 please!!! do not go down that route and provide us your customers with the right software to use Line 6 products.

• Upvote 1

Also having the same issue with the UX8 causing my Mac to restart as well as Monkey not loading up.

Really hoping Line 6 provide a resolution for this. I don't want to start using a different plug-in/interface but if it means my studio will be down for weeks I can't afford for it to take that long!

• Upvote 1

Same thing here: iMac with TonePort UX8. Although I updated the Driver (Yosemite compatible, they say), computer crashes on start up. I have a long cue of tracks to record on my studio and this problem is making me loose money (as is probably the case with everybody else on this topic). Where is Line 6 support? Anybody there?

• Upvote 2

Same problem here... iMac Retina, Yosemite and no joy... You would have thought they'd have this in hand, especially as the last driver update said it was an update FOR Yosemite!  My studio is down and I really need to be up and running again, haemorrhaging money.

• Upvote 2

I just read a thread for the Pod X3 Live with the same issues.  Admin has posted:

We're sorry about the trouble you all are experiencing. Our engineering and QA teams are investigating and hope to have a fix soon.

In the meantime, we may need additional info from you to try to replicate the issues and find the root cause. Here is some feedback about that from our QA team:

The key thing is getting versions of the driver and Monkey customers are using.  Please also ask people if they did a clean update to Yosemite or if they updated from Mavericks or something older. 

One thing to try:  There are some driver versions which would have worked on older OS versions, but won’t work on Yosemite.  Try having customers completely uninstall all Line 6 drivers, then reinstall only the latest driver.

I will update this thread with any meaningful information as I get it. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

I'm not losing money but I just bought a UX8 off my cousin and it's soul-crushing not being able to use it.  Looks like they also removed the 'Yosemite compatible' line from their free software downloads due to egg-on-their-face.  I am confident that there will be a driver update... the sooner the better!!!

• Upvote 2

Same problem. Monkey not "sticking" to the dock, just bouncing forever. I created a repair/help ticket a week ago and haven't gotten back a response from the help team. Current drivers, and current monkey loaded, and re-loaded.

It crashes at the 3 minute mark of operation every time. It's frustrating because I don't have an amp, my computer and KRK's are my amp, so playing guitar (no acoustic) is frustratingly lame.

i've been checking for updates on the updated drivers. I'd be mad if it was a legacy problem, but it's a monkey problem as well, and EVERYTHING uses monkey.

• Upvote 1

I just read a thread for the Pod X3 Live with the same issues.  Admin has posted:

We're sorry about the trouble you all are experiencing. Our engineering and QA teams are investigating and hope to have a fix soon.

In the meantime, we may need additional info from you to try to replicate the issues and find the root cause. Here is some feedback about that from our QA team:

The key thing is getting versions of the driver and Monkey customers are using.  Please also ask people if they did a clean update to Yosemite or if they updated from Mavericks or something older. 

One thing to try:  There are some driver versions which would have worked on older OS versions, but won’t work on Yosemite.  Try having customers completely uninstall all Line 6 drivers, then reinstall only the latest driver.

I will update this thread with any meaningful information as I get it. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

I'm not losing money but I just bought a UX8 off my cousin and it's soul-crushing not being able to use it.  Looks like they also removed the 'Yosemite compatible' line from their free software downloads due to egg-on-their-face.  I am confident that there will be a driver update... the sooner the better!!!

Mine was an update over Mavericks.  I've uninstalled the drivers, re-installed them and 'monkeyed' with Monkey until it works.  Funnily enough, the drivers weren't registering as updated with Monkey initially until I fiddled with it.  I'm now using the most up-to-date drivers and version of Monkey.  Nothing working so far...

• Upvote 1

I performed an app store update to Yosemite from Mavericks on my i7 mac (late 2012). 16gb ram. 

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac13,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: IM131.010A.B05

SMC Version (system): 2.11f16

Serial Number (system): C02KT0KCDNMP

Hardware UUID: 9BBC7CFB-8A1C-5389-A03C-2E17F76DD6B6

I updated monkey but it sits in the dock doing the bouncy thing. I downloaded and installed the updated drivers manually.

UX8 works fine with Logic x pro until I shut down the mac or the UX8 then I get a crash from a kernel error.

At lease I can function until I shut down.
  • Upvote 1

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Boot ROM Version: MBP111.0138.B11

SMC Version (system): 2.16f68

Serial Number (system): C02LXEB3FH01

Hardware UUID: EBF00221-F1F5-5114-B32E-0F82CA4CD7E1

• Upvote 1

Started a Ticket with support. No answer besides the protocolar "message received, please describe the problem" yet. I hate to say it, but looks like we've been abandoned. Please support, tell me I'm wrong! Cant' afford to keep my studio on hold any longer, can't afford a new audio interface right now… 

• Upvote 1

Line 6, I've been quite patient.  Again, no anger here.

Some kind of update would be appreciated.  Even if that update is to say that the UX8 is no longer being supported then at least we can move on!

I'm backing that up, Taylord. An update is of the essence, even if it's just to get us "outdated TonePort users" off the hook. I got work pilling up on my HD and everything is still on hold. Some feedback from Support would be much appreciated.

• Upvote 1

call them during normal business hours... ask them.... then report here for everyone...

they do not typically read all the forum posts.

http://line6.com/company/contact/

I'll be doing that again in a day or two.  Possibly tomorrow.  Unfortunately pro-audio isn't my profession at this point so I work odd hours!  If anybody else would be willing to, that'd be great.

Just to add, I'm in the UK so when I last called the centre the (very decent, polite, professional and knowledgeable) guy on the phone said that everything (obviously) goes through the US first and that they know before the UK does.  If anybody in the US could make a call it might be a more direct answer?

• Upvote 1

I'll be doing that again in a day or two.  Possibly tomorrow.  Unfortunately pro-audio isn't my profession at this point so I work odd hours!  If anybody else would be willing to, that'd be great.

Just to add, I'm in the UK so when I last called the centre the (very decent, polite, professional and knowledgeable) guy on the phone said that everything (obviously) goes through the US first and that they know before the UK does.  If anybody in the US could make a call it might be a more direct answer?

I'm in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The Line6 representatives here are also (obviously) subordinated to US headquarters, and therefore have their hands tied. If only US Support would give us some sort of feedback… At first I was frustrated, then I had to manage some anger build-up… now I'm past the "nice guy attitude", as It isn't getting us anywhere. A sad fact: I'm the bass player for a famous brazilian pop artist who happens to be a Line 6 artist himself, and I've been using Line 6 equipament on stage continuously for the last 12 years… Looks like my stage rig is about to undergo a major change. Can't afford to be "neutral" at this point. 

• Upvote 1

We appreciate your patience guys. I'm checking in with our driver engineer and QA every few days to find if there's anything to report. It is being worked on, but right now there is no fix for the Yosemite-related issues reported here. I will continue to chime in with any pertinent info I get. Hopefully the solution will come more sooner than later.

We appreciate your patience guys. I'm checking in with our driver engineer and QA every few days to find if there's anything to report. It is being worked on, but right now there is no fix for the Yosemite-related issues reported here. I will continue to chime in with any pertinent info I get. Hopefully the solution will come more sooner than later.

Hey Tony, nice to read from you guys. I guess we'll hold our breath a little longer now. Let's hope the solution thing leans on the "sooner" side… May the Force be with us.

• Upvote 1

I raised a ticket - and would encourage you guys to do the same. They will ask you for some system info. Although I'm sure they have plenty in their queues to work on, I would suggest anyone with this problem raises a ticket and send the requested info.

They did ask for some info from Monkey but it's not opening for me.

• Upvote 2

I raised a ticket - and would encourage you guys to do the same. They will ask you for some system info. Although I'm sure they have plenty in their queues to work on, I would suggest anyone with this problem raises a ticket and send the requested info.

They did ask for some info from Monkey but it's not opening for me.

I did raise a ticket  5 days ago as well, and followed all the required steps. No answer so far. But I do agree about your suggestion that everyone on this topic should open tickets too, that will at least show Support we're really interested in getting this issue fixed. 

• Upvote 1

Hey Tony, nice to read from you guys. I guess we'll hold our breath a little longer now. Let's hope the solution thing leans on the "sooner" side… May the Force be with us.

I guess the spirit of Obi Wan is with usLine 6 Driver Version 7.3.7 for OS X is now live and should resolve the kernel panics/crashes. It can be downloaded at www.Line6.com/software. 

Please let us know how you fare. 

I guess the spirit of Obi Wan is with usLine 6 Driver Version 7.3.7 for OS X is now live and should resolve the kernel panics/crashes. It can be downloaded at www.Line6.com/software. 

Please let us know how you fare. 

Indeed!!!! The Force is strong with this one! Downloaded, installed and everything seems to be working as it should. What a relief! C'mon guys, go ahead and update. Do or do not, there is no try. Thanks for supervising the issue, master Tony. Now I can finally put the studio back to work!

• Upvote 1