These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

UX1 PODFARM Output Through Computer Not Amplifier
by gerardux1 on 2009-11-29 14:23:44

Hello,

I have UX1 device for recording, and I am using the UX1.

I have no problems recording its excellent.

However I am a bit fustrated that the only way to listen to my sound is through the Amplifier which I have connected to the UX1.

Is there any way to directly set the output to the Computer so that the sounds comes out from the computers speakers ?

Thanks

Re: UX1 PODFARM Output Through Computer Not Amplifier
by Rowbi on 2009-11-30 01:24:03

windows can only support using 1 soundcard/audio interface at once.  so what you're wanting to do is use one sound card (the UX1) for your audio input device, and your build in sound card (which your speakers are connected to) as the output device.

this strictly speaking isn't really supported, and most users get a cheap mixer like one of the behringer ones that are only £/$30 ish so you can use both sound cards through the same speakers, or they disable the internal sound card and use the UX1 all the time (i do that with my UX2).

that said there are 2 ways I can think of.

1. get the right y shaped cable and connect your ux1 analog outputs (each is mono) to the line input on your PC sound card, and then enable your sound card to monitor the line in to the line output (which your speakers are connected to).  this needs your sound card to support this which some dont, so please check you can do this before spending on a cable.

2. you can try using ASIO4ALL which is a free driver that can use 2 sound cards at once.  this isn't supported by line6 at all, and may not work well (it doesn't for me, but does for some others) and this may let you do what you want, as it lets you select which inputs and outputs you want to use from different sound cards.

I hope this helped you.  Please remember to award points if it did.

Regards

Rowbi

RE: UX1 PODFARM Output Through Computer Not Amplifier
by ricksox on 2009-11-30 14:47:39

Hello,

If you're using a laptop then avoid trying to use the internal speakers on it. You'd be better off plugging headphones or external speakers into the TonePort.

Also, take a look at this video tutorial and see if it helps you with some set up ideas.

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1603

Please let me know if this answer has been helpful. Thanks.

Line6Miller

Re: UX1 PODFARM Output Through Computer Not Amplifier
by mimungr on 2009-11-30 20:24:21
windows can only support using 1 soundcard/audio interface at once.

No, that's an ASIO limitation, not a Windows limitation. If you use WDM drivers, for example, you can use different interfaces for in vs. out. And actually, the real limitation is that ASIO only supports one driver at a time, not one interface. If the driver supports multiple interfaces, then you can still use different interfaces for in vs. out. For example, the Steinberg Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver supports this. I think asio4all supports this as well, but I've never actually used it.

The catch is that the latency is never as good as using the native X3 ASIO driver

RE: UX1 PODFARM Output Through Computer Not Amplifier
by ricksox on 2009-12-02 12:20:30

Hello,

It's been a couple of days since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you still have questions please feel free to open a new question with us and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

Line6Miller

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.