These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

HD500 Whammy effect help please
by mcmurray on 2011-01-03 01:35:49

Can someone please tell me how to enable the whammy effect to use with the foot pedal?

I'm using the editor and no matter what I do I can't get the pedal working. Can you confirm that the 'pitch glide' effect is the correct one?

Cheers.

Re: HD500 Whammy effect help please
by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-01-03 01:49:50

Hi

Pitch Glide is the right effect to use for a Whammy type response.

For the purposes of this I'm going to replace the Wah and use the Expression Toe Switch to engage the effect, but you could use Exp 2 and you could activate the effect using a standard footswitch button

OK - in the editor:

Select the FX tab

Select a blank FX slot in the appropriate position in the FX chain

Select the type as PITCH

Select the Model as PITCH GLIDE

Select the pitch amount - for the purposes of just getting something working the default of -24 will do fine

Set the mix to 100% or whatever you want as long as it's above 0%

Select the Controllers tab

In the MODEL drop down box, select Pitch Glide

In the FS Assign box select Exp Toe Switch

In the Parameter box select PITCH

In the Controller box select EXP 1

In MINIMUM select 0%

In MAXIMUM select 100%

Make sure the Expression pedal LED on the unit itself is set to EXP 2 (Green)

Make sure the Effect is OFF under the FX tab

SAVE the preset

SEND SELECTED to the HD500

Disconnect the unit from the editor

Activate EXP 1 using the expression pedal toe switch and whammy away

Regards

Nick

by mcmurray on 2011-01-03 03:46:52

Excellent.  Thank you!

by blindado70 on 2011-10-11 11:38:11

HI! I TRIED TO DO THIS, BUT I'M NOT GETTING TO SAVE THE CONTTROLLER'S PARAMETERS. CAN U HELP ME? THANKS

by meambobbo on 2011-10-11 22:34:21

don't move the foot pedal at all while you're setting up the min and max amounts, and if you're using edit make sure you send the patch to the pod hd from edit.. hope that helped

by sean106ESP on 2011-11-24 17:08:01

Sorry for such and old topic.

But I have my Pitch glide activated on my Exp-1. I want to go one octave up (pedal up position) and one octave down (pedal flat position). I set the controllers to 25% and 75% as I was told those are the two but my exp pedal just goes to some weird octave and does not change. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

by sean106ESP on 2011-11-26 13:19:36

Bump

by jimsreynolds on 2011-11-26 17:00:40

I sometimes get something like this if I have accidentally assigned the effect I am trying to control to the wrong expresion pedal.  It just sits at some arbitrary state that i set on the controller manually. 

Turn the Pitch SLide effect pedal on then click the Expression Pedal Switch (press down hard with the toe).  Does it work?

If the Pitch effect was turned off by clicking the expression pedal switch then highlight the effect in the effects chain and use the 'Enter' button to turn it on.  Try the expression pedal now.

by monolithoz on 2011-11-27 03:51:20

hi...POD masters,

same problem here,

my WAH pedal not working in any presets, even using the Pitch Glide.

could be i am doing it in wrong way?

by the way..i saw many WAH variations in HD500,

why Pitch Glide? so what is all the WAH things used for?

never crossed my mind that using the wah pedal will be so complicated and so advanced.

hopefully i am wrong about this.

sorry if i am wrong..really newbie here

more enlightenment please...

many thanks.

by jimsreynolds on 2011-11-27 03:58:24

If you want to use an effect with the expression pedal then you have to assign this effect to the expression pedal.  Detail of this are found in the advanced guide here --> http://l6c.scdn.line6.net/data/l/0a06434dc7704ca4b3b26b924/application/pdf/POD%20HD500%20Advanced%20Guide%20(Rev%20B)%20-%20English.pdf  Check out section 3.7 of the manual.

You can assign the pedal to any parameter within an effect using the details there.  Wah and volume are the obvious ones but pitch glide/bend is also very common.  The possibilities are huge.

If you are trying to use a patch that has a wah effect but is not working then press down HARD on the toe of the expression pedal and it would normally turn the wah on.  The switch under your toe will loosen up with time but is stiff to start with.

The wah variations are simply different wah models.  Just choose the one(s) you like the sound of. 

If you really cannot get the pedal working then there is a way to 'calibrate' it but generally you do not need to.

by monolithoz on 2011-11-27 07:08:22

thanks jimsreynolds,

i'll try this out

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.