These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Flash Memory Update Failure
by guitarman7 on 2011-01-08 11:49:55

Hi,

I tried to do the flash memory update for the HD 400 today.  It failed twice, now there is nothing on my POD and when I re-opened the Monkey it just has a question mark and won't let me try the update again?

Help!

Thanks,

Mark

Re: Flash Memory Update Failure
by Rowbi on 2011-01-08 13:06:18

reset your pod by holding the channel a footswitch while powering it on.  follow the on screen instructions to carry out the factory reset, then try to update again.

hopefully you follow best practice (i.e. whenever you update anything, take a backup of everything you wouldn't want to lose) and you had a backup of your custom tones, as the reset will wipe them all out.

by guitarman7 on 2011-01-08 16:39:21

Hi,

I tried the factory reset, and I am getting a message that says Restored Factory Settings, 100% but nothing is responding.  When I open the Monkey, I still have the ? by flash memory and the POD is not functioning...

Yes, I do save all of my custom tones, so at least I still have those.  By the way, I tried uninstalling the Monkey and drivers and reinstalling, but that did not help.

I appreciate your help.  Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Mark

by guitarman7 on 2011-01-10 15:47:05

Hi,

I replied to your potential solution that it did not work.  I do appreciate the response and hope you can try to help me further...I am a gigging musician and I really need to get this up an running again.

Thanks,

Mark

by spaceatl on 2011-01-10 16:01:49

You need to reflash it...with success...

You can bring the HD400 up in safe mode the same way you do for a reset...

• Power up holding A.
  • connect the USB cable
  • start the monkey and try to flash it.

If it isn't coming up correctly in the Monkey, kick off the driver install from Monkey, unplug the HD400 USB and follow the driver install prompts...Once the driver is in, you should be able to flash...I would suggest that you avoid installing the driver again in the all in one installs of Edit and Monkey....

by Dezaxxx on 2011-01-12 18:21:44

Big thanks for your solution spaceatl! You saved my mental health...

by guitarman7 on 2011-01-12 19:58:07

Hi,  I tried the steps you suggested, when the monkey came up it shows that everything is updated, but the display is still asking if I want to restore the POD so not seeing any other alternatives, I did.  I quickly says 100% restored and then won't do anything, no buttons respond and the display never changes.  So I powered it off, and powered it back up...now it says POD HD400 v1.20 Please wait and never shows anything else.  Again, no buttons respond at all.  When I reconnect the usb cord, the monkey now has the ? by the flash memory section again. I'm so frustrated about this.  Is there a line where I can call someone? Maybe there is just one small step I'm missing, but I really need to get this going again.  Thanks, Mark

by spaceatl on 2011-01-13 01:07:15

sounds like the driver is whacked...have tried other USB ports on the pc?

by guitarman7 on 2011-01-13 06:12:59

Hi,

I'll try another USB port tonight when I get home.  BTW I did reinstall just the drivers as you suggested.  Another question, when I do a reset, why won't anything work if it says it is 100% restored?  Also, I opened edit with the POD connected and it showed "no line6 equipment connected".

This is essentially a brand new computer and a brand new HD400, so it's not like the ports are damaged or the cord is damaged you know?

I'll let you know how it goes and if you have any other information/ideas, please let me know.  Don't know if you'd be willing, but we could exchange phone numbers and work through this...Just let me know and we could do this through email.

Thanks again,

Mark

by trpoh on 2011-01-17 15:31:23

Hi

Per O. from Norway. For your mental healt care....

I try to update my Pod300 with the flash 1.20 as well, and the same happens to me. "please wait" and not function.

Seems to be some bugs in this update. I am not able to pass it over 100% restore neighter, so the updating 1.20, seems to stop the prosess before foot pedal calibration be possible. look forward to some answers from the Line6 people. Let me know if some phone numbers somming up.

BR PerO.

by guitarman7 on 2011-01-17 15:48:32

Hi Per,

I don't have an answer yet.  I'm hoping to leave work early this week sometime this week so I can call them from home.  I have tried all of the steps above with no success.  When we get it figured out I'll post what worked.  Please do the same if you figure yours out before I do.

Thanks!

Mark

by ZackDolore on 2011-01-17 18:26:45

I had the same problem today but could solve it quickly thanks to guitarman7's solution! Worked perfectly!

However, I believe I found the underlying problem to have been that I used the front-USB for the first (and unsuccessful) try of updating the Pod. Once connected to the "original" USB-ports in the back of my PC, the update was easy as pie. Ehhr... with a little help of my friends! ;-) (thumbs up, bro! You saved my day!)

So make sure you DO NOT USE THE FRONT-USB before you go on with guitarman7's suggestion ("Power up holding [footswitch] A; connect the USB cable; start the monkey and try to flash it") to make sure it works.

Good luck y'all!

Zack

by guitarman7 on 2011-01-19 08:50:27

Hi All,

Just wanted to say I appreciate everyone's input.  Unfortunately the steps didn't work with my HD400 so it's going back to Line6 on an RMA. 

Everyone has been really helpful, including the folks I talked to on the phone...just appears that my unit has a glitch.

I'm glad most of you have gotten yours to work again!

Looking forward to getting mine back soon!

Mark

by dp500 on 2011-01-20 04:02:22

Thanyou spaceatl. This worked perfectly on my HD300. Now time to JAM!

by bcappnyc on 2011-01-20 21:13:55

I had the same problem where the screen would just say "please wait" forever, even after a factory reset. All you have to do it connect it to your pc with the monkey, select the firmware section and hit "rollback". This will do a rollback to v1.1 (which takes like 10 minutes) after which you can reinstall v1.2 (which takes like 20 minutes). All of my presets were deleted but you can find the factory bundle download by searching in the forums. problem solved

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.