These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

POD Studio UX2 not indentified by computer
by GR1NG0_SU4V3 on 2011-03-11 16:35:01

I have just recieved my Pod UX2 in the mail and began installing POD Farm 2. Once I connected my device, my computer was unable to install the hardware. Even after going through the driver FAQ, I am still unable to have my computer identify my POD UX2. The computer simply calls the device "Unknown". Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Re: POD Studio UX2 not indentified by computer
by Springo on 2011-03-11 19:02:52

Did you install the software before plugging the UX2 in?

Are you using a USB hub?

Plug a working USB device into the USB port on your computer to verify that the port(s) are working properly.

Check in Device Manager (Win) to see if the UX2 shows up there.

Check those things and if it still does not work we can go further.

by GR1NG0_SU4V3 on 2011-03-11 20:32:40

I made the mistake of plugging it in before the software was installed but I removed and replugged the USB as requested in the install instructions. It is connected directly into the computer and to my knowledge it was working just fine previously. What I see in the device manager is what is pictured in my opening post.

EDIT: I wrote this reply while I was away from home. I have just inserted the USB in a different port and reinstalled the software. Still no success.

by Springo on 2011-03-12 18:02:04

1 - Insert a known good USB device (of any type) into the USB ports on your computer and see if the device is properly recognized. If you don't have a working USB device try to borrow one because this is important. We need to either eliminate the USB ports on your computer as the problem, or find that they are bad. If the known good device does not show up then your USB ports are malfunctioning. If it does show up then we can eliminate the USB ports as the problem.

2 - Find a known good computer that you know has working USB ports. Load the Line 6 software on it and then plug the UX2 into it and  see if the computer recognizes it. If it does not then the UX2 is bad. If it sees the UX2 then you can conclude that the UX2 is good. Now we have either eliminated the UX2 and USB ports or have found the problem.

3 - If the USB ports and the UX2 test good then you have a software isse. First, unplug the UX2 if it is currently plugged in to the computer. Then uninstall any Line 6 software that is still on the computer. Then go to Device Manager and make sure that the UX2 is NOT showing up under Sound, Video and game controllers. Go to the unknown device in Device Manager in your screenshot, right click on it, then choose uninstall. Uninstall it and reboot the computer. After you reboot, load the Line 6 software and follow the directions that pop up. Your UX2 should be working fine now.

BTW - if the UX2 DOES show up under Sound, Video, and game controllers in device manager then uninstall that too, along with the unknown device.

by GR1NG0_SU4V3 on 2011-03-12 21:12:58

The USB ports for the computer in question work just fine. All other devices work. Tried the UX2 on my other computer, and recieved same problem. Even tried a different USB cable to be sure. Nothing. Don't know if this makes a difference but when plugged in to either computer, there is no lights coming from the front displays. Don't know if that is a tell-tale sign of failed equipment. Sent a repair request to Line 6, going to try for a return request from the place I bought it in the morning.

by Springo on 2011-03-13 13:27:37

Yes it appears that your UX2 is defective.

by GR1NG0_SU4V3 on 2011-03-13 14:40:34

I don't know though. Here's so more info to further the mystery:

When it is installing or updating drivers, the Continue Anyway window that it mentions in the set up pops up but is force overwritten. I can't even read it let alone answer.

in Line6 Monkey, even after all updates it says I don't have any drivers installed.

The UX2 IS receiving power. even though I have no lights the dials go from zero to halfway up when plugged in.

I'm lead to believe the isuue is software related but I have no idea what to do...

RE: POD Studio UX2 not indentified by computer
by Line6david on 2011-03-18 11:41:24

Hi,

Are red clip lights blinking on the front of the UX2 when you plug it in?

Also, are you installing from the CD or downloading the latest drivers from our web site?

http://line6.com/software/

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: POD Studio UX2 not indentified by computer
by GR1NG0_SU4V3 on 2011-03-18 13:32:38

No lights are on whatsoever, let alone blinking/flashing.

I have done both the cd installation and installed the latest drivers from the webssite.

RE: POD Studio UX2 not indentified by computer
by Line6Hugo on 2011-03-21 14:22:20

If there are no lights whatsoever on the device, that means it is either not receiving power from the USB or it is broken.

I would strongly suggest removing all other USB devices from the computer while troubleshooting this problem. Completely remove ANY USB hubs, even if not in use, and test the UX2 on all of the computer's USB ports. Try a different USB cable if you must.

If it still fails, I suggest isolating the problem by testing on a different computer.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.