Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax and HD500x Changing Patches Turns on Modelling

Hello All, I've noticed that when I am playing my Variax JTV89F without Modelling on, and if I change to a new patch that Modelling is then turned on? I would think that whatever I have on for the guitar would stay the same? Is there a way to not engage modelling when changing between patches? I'm new to this. - Thanks!!

Change patches on my 500X, it lights up modelling on the guitar.

Each Hd500x preset includes settings for a Variax guitar. These settings specify whether the Variax remains under manual control or uses a specific model. Sounds like all your patches specify a specific model. If you don't want that, change each preset's Variax settings to Don't Force which means no change is made to the currently selected model/pickup setting. I believe there is also a global setting for this in the Settings section.

To use the mag pickups exclusively, change the Global Input setting to Variax Mags for inputs 1 and 2.

Or you could turn off the model with your modeling knob and save the patch. It will save the state of the guitar with the patch, so the next time you hit that patch, it will come up with the JTV modeling off....

That's how I use mine. Some patches with defined models, some with no model chosen and the mags on.... Most of my HD500X patches I made with the mags in operation.

Dave

• Upvote 1