johnsakell

Can't download Gearbox software - help!

Thanks for checking.  Still not working for me.  Must be something with my mac or network.

Hi, long time member , first time post...unfortunately

Have had a break for about 4 years to raise some children , and upon returning to all my gear (UX2/Pod Farm/XTLive) I could not turn up Gearbox.

I have trawled these forums for a while and it seems there are a lot of dissatisfied customers who just want to see the return of a reliable satisfactory piece of software.

I have also had the problem of not being to download the Gearbox from the suggested links supplied here from Line 6 experts. I get the standard The webpage cannot be found message.

The Real Zap says something along the lines of " no need for it when there are other software available that can do the job" (paraphrased). But there is no mention of names. That would be a bit more helpful. Or is this just Line 6 policy not to mention them as the are not Line 6 products.

Its not my thing to be grumpy on blogs/forums, seems like a waste of time  talking to a computer monitor, so I would just like to strongly urge some more helpful support in

- getting gearbox upright again,

and or

- explaining why it no longer is available (real reason)

- what are the real alternatives.

Of course, any help or positive reinforcement will be warmly appreciated.

I've just spent 10 days trying to get a Roland Juno-D midi to work with Cubase, and only had my Eureka moment last night after 50 or so you tube vids and what seems like a 1000 forum visits. And as soon as I got it singing, the Pod Farm drivers decided to drop off my recording.... really! are you serious!! :( so I am conditioned to frustration being "business as usual" wrt audio software. 

the software you need is the original pod farm (not pod farm 2)

gearbox is still available... just no longer updated. (and neither is the original pod farm)

both should still work for MOST people...

the only exception i would note is a mac running Yosemite, they seem to be having issues....

but there are forum posts where people have created workarounds.

just go here, fill in the pulldown menus and download:

http://line6.com/software/

OK, cheers. I have POD Farm  (and PF2), so will give that a run.

As promised above, my warm appreciation.

I have an old guitar port. I was able to download Gear box for the Mac OS, but it seems that Mac OS itself doesn't support it. Any help or solution out there? I still love good ol' Guitar Port.

i found it under guitar port gear box and using windows 7 as a guide..No windows 10 in the search or you wont find it.