Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Customtone amp codes

rd2rk

Hi rd2rk,

As far as I remember all of my custom tones usually come with that code. Because I wanted to help you I decided to open HD500 edit, open each of my presets, change the amp, upload to Customtone and read the number. But suddenly my new test presets appear with clear names instead of numbers.

So what has changed? I guess normally I'm selecting the amps directly at the device, this time I did it with HD 500 EDIT which might add extra information. But maybe there is more behind it. I'm also thinking of presets that are based on an older firmware version and can be "repaired" by using HD 500 EDIT and changing the amp there.

This does not give you the code. But you can download examples and see what amp is behind it.

What I'm currently using:

458840: Plexy Lead 100 (Full amp)

458843: Flip Top (Full amp)

Have you considered downloading a couple, installing them into your pod, and then writing down what amp corresponds to what code? 

I'm sure you know, you can arrange the customtone listings by amp. So, it will be easier to track down all amps of the same code.