Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL(l6podhd5se64.sys)

ajaykumar

I'm having an issue with my POD HD500x in which when I open up my DAW (Ableton Live 9) configured to use the POD so I can record, it crashes my computer pretty much every time.

The information on the blue screen tells me that it the error is: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL(l6podhd5se64.sys), so I think it may be a driver issue. However, I've updated everything on my POD again after doing a factory reset (USB Firmware, Flash memory, Drivers) and Monkey shows that it's all up to date, but this has not resolved anything. I've done pretty much everything I could with Monkey. I've also used memtest to check my ram in case that is the issue but I don't think it is.

It still crashes every time, either after a bit of messing around or recording or editing, or it crashes immediately upon opening up another program, although sometimes the error is KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE.

So pretty much I have been unable to use my POD to record anything and I don't know what the issue is or how to fix it.

Searching the support knowledge base told me to uninstall the driver usbfilter.sys but my computer is not an AMD. The list of USB drivers I have in System32>Drivers is usbccgp.sys, usbcir.sys, usbd.sys, usbehci.sys, usbhub.sys, USBHUB3.SYS, usbohci.sys, usbport.sys, usbprint.sys, usbrmp.sys, SUBSTOR.SYS, usbuhci.sys, usbvideo.sys, USBXHCI.SYS.

Thank you.

from

http://line6.com/support/topic/11222-pod-hd-pro-x-blue-screen-when-opening-reaper/?hl=driver_irql

I just solved the problem! 

I uninstalled the ASIO4ALL and R24Zoom drivers (although, I suspect the R24 was not the issue).  Hopefully this will help others with the same error.  I figured since it was on the initialization of Reaper there would be competition with the other ASIO driver.  Regardless of the logic, that was the solution for my system.  

from

http://line6.com/support/topic/4357-hd500-causing-crash/?hl=driver_irql&do=findComment&comment=37470

Update on my end:

I've discovered that, for the SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error, it's caused by a conflict between the HD500 driver, and my integrated AMD Radeon HD 8400. Why do I know this? The STENH error only shows up when I'm using the HD500's USB interface WHILE I've got my external monitor plugged into my laptop's VGA port.

For anyone getting the STENH error, your GPU is likely to blame. Unfortunately, as mine is integrated, there is Jack and Squat that I can really do of it... Very disappointing, as I kinda need the additional pixel-based real estate when running Cubase.

As for the IRQL error, I got one of those the other afternoon as well. But I have yet to see it twice. A simple restart fixed the IRQL for me. Perhaps, for some, running a program like CCleaner and disabling software like AVG are a good workaround to that.
I'll let you guys know if I see the IRQL error again. When something happens more than once, there's obviously something to find. lol

Til later~

check out also this thread:

http://line6.com/support/topic/5529-driver-for-win-8/?hl=driver_irql

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the replies. I ran Slimdrivers and updated the 4 drivers it said were out of date. But I still crash. I also uninstalled ASIO4ALL but it still causes me to crash either after using the DAW for a short time, or immediately as soon as I open up another program. I also temporarily disabled my antivirus and it still crashes. All crashes with the same error, "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL(l6podhd5se64.sys)"

there could be a hardware issue...

but the issue could be the usb ports on your computer just as easy...

if possible try an addon card to add new usb ports... as a suggestion...

not making excuses... just something i might try being like a 15$ investment versus an out of warranty service trip...

I don't know what the problem was, but I managed to fix it by reinstalling windows, and then selectively installing the programs and testing ableton and the pod each time. Eventually I installed everything I needed back with no crashing.

• 2 years later...

I have the same problem, I tried unistall and install  pod's drivers and reset windows 10.. I can use perfectly the pod as interface with the windowns, he identify my pod and i play tracks with the app of the windowns, the sound pass for the pod and get out for my monitores, i can play guitar in the same time.. buuuut.. when i open the ableton, put ASIO and ASIO POD HD500X, shiit.. few minutes, some times seconds,  blue screem.." your pc run into a problem". i dont know you i do! 

• 7 months later...

just go into safe mode.. open up device manager.. try to simply disable the drivers which have caution signs infront of them.. but do not disable your audio driver you are working with!! Then restart your pc!! Its work with me.. and its worth a try!!

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

went through a bunch of posts on this, and just gave up.  i simply cannot get this to work as a recording interface.  However, i find that I CAN still use the POD HD500X Edit software.  The only time that crashes if I unplug the USB cable (or the POD) while both the computer and the POD are on.  Not a huge deal.  Just have to be mindful, and shut off the computer before unplugging the pod. 

On 11/27/2023 at 3:24 PM, jdabayare said:

I encountered this error with windows 11. How did you solve this issue?

On 12/8/2023 at 8:23 AM, BaylorPRSer said:

went through a bunch of posts on this, and just gave up.  i simply cannot get this to work as a recording interface.

Windows 10/11 Memory Integrity/Core Isolation Disables Driver Installation

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• 1 month later...

Try turning off all sound drivers except the driver needed for your interface. (Line6 ASIO driver.) If you have more than the one driver enabled for your OS or other programs crash can occur. turn off all windows OS sounds. Also check that your ASIO sample rate in settings/sound/driver settings, matches the sample rate in your DAW preferences/settings. Took some research and kind help from other more tech savvy forum users ,but now my pod hd pro won't be a boat anchor this summer! Good Luck. Peace!