Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd500x Recording Sound Quality

Messier82

The tone through the headphones out jack sounds immaculate. However, through the USB or the two line outs I get this fuzz. The sound lacks dynamics and articulation. I go back to the headphones jack and sounds great again. Anyone else experience this?

Shouldn't be that way; the same signal (except for a D/A conversion) is sent from the POD over USB and through the headphones out. Something outside the POD is happening. Tell us more about your recording setup. Which DAW? What ASIO driver? Which computer OS?

Have you tried using the HD500 as your audio interface? You don't need the UX1. Connect the HD500 USB to your computer. In your DAW (never heard of Skullcandy, but....) set the Audio properties to use the HD500 and its ASIO driver as the audio input./output device. Turn monitoring off in your DAW and use the HD500 headphones output to monitor.

Thanks a ton for the feedback. That's what I'm doing now. I was running the two line ins into the UX1 because the hd500 is sending me both it's own signal (from the amps) and signal from the computer creating a sort of echo due to a slight delay. Aside from the echo, everything sounds way better.

With two different speaker sources, things are bound to sound different. Assuming you've considered that, here are a couple things to check...

• Plug those headphones into a headphone jack for the speaker system you're using (if possible) to see if you're getting the proper tone there. This would help determine if it's a speaker system or setting.
  • If it's the same bad tone, check your POD output settings -- hold the "view" button, go to screen screen 4, MODE should be "STUDIO/DIRECT"