Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod mutes Path B when changing patch

manatopain

Hi everybody!

i just spent the last hour creating a really beautiful patch and i have it saved and all.

but sadly, when i go from the patch to another patch, and then return to the patch, the path B is muted! inside the mixer, it stays on the same, +0.0dB which it is saved as, but the path is - as said - muted. I only need to click on the mixing slider, and the path is returned to +0dB - although there is no visual change in the slider.

can anybody help me with this? It's really annoying, and pretty much makes the patch useless, if i can only listen to the path B while im editing the patch.

Notes: I'm editing the patch in pod HD500 edit. Patch is attached.

• 1 month later...

hi

this is a known bug

it has to do with the edit software communication with the pod

the workaround is: when this happens, after you send the correct patch to the pod you need to also save the patch on the pod itself (by pushing the save button 2 times)

this didn't work for me. I tried exactly what you suggested:

1st  I dragged and dropped the patch into the Pod HD edit, and the Path A was muted, even though the indicator was at -4dB.

2nd I moved a bit the level of the Path A and placed it again at -4dB, so it can work well again.

3rd  I clicked twice the "Save" button on my Pod HD

4th I changed the patch with another from the saved ones and then I changed back to the patch that has the bug and it still had that bug

Am I doing anything wrong here? :/

this didn't work for me. I tried exactly what you suggested:

1st  I dragged and dropped the patch into the Pod HD edit, and the Path A was muted, even though the indicator was at -4dB.

2nd I moved a bit the level of the Path A and placed it again at -4dB, so it can work well again.

3rd  I clicked twice the "Save" button on my Pod HD

4th I changed the patch with another from the saved ones and then I changed back to the patch that has the bug and it still had that bug

Am I doing anything wrong here? :/

Ok I just made it work. This time I just corrected the mixer by using the Pod's buttons entirely and then double-clicked "Save" and now it works! Thank you so much, perapera!

Ok I just made it work. This time I just corrected the mixer by using the Pod's buttons entirely and then double-clicked "Save" and now it works! Thank you so much, perapera!

Nevermind, it didn't work. When I keep adding patches in the setlist, the bug returns and I need to fix it again. Thanks, Line 6 -.-

I've noticed something similar when a patch has a foot switch assigned to one of the two amps in the signal path.  One amp winds up turned off.  So I have to double-check all foot switch assignments. I don't assign FS to amps so assuming this happens when footswitch assignments are edited for other effects.