Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500 problem

devilx

hey guys,

im running into a problem with my pod hd500, my pod crashed a short while ago(rebooted out of nowhere and now only shows me a white screen), now i thought: what if i reinstall my flash memory, then i might get it to work again.

but now i ran into a problem: when i try to reinstall with line 6 mnkey, the program does not even write to my pod hd500, it does detect it, and the saved presets are all there but the sound is not working neither is the screen, this is a indication to me that the pod is not booting up properly and so i would think that it is a software problem.

so if im correct im wondering how i could fix this.

Kind Regards,

Giovanni

Good idea to check the output of the supply.

Other things to try:

Unplug everything from the device, then try a global reset by holding the left arrow while powering on. If that works you'll then have to do a pedal calibration.

If that doesn't work, try holding the down arrow while powering on, which should bring a screen up that says update flash. Then run the monkey program to reflash the device.

i have fixed the problem,

we had discovered that during flashing(upgrading) the firmware something went wrong due to my usb port being instable,

so what turned out to be the problem: the chip that contains the firmware was empty, we have managed to flash an old firmware on it, then upgraded it.

now everything is working properly again

• 6 years later...
On 10/13/2015 at 8:36 PM, devilx said:

i have fixed the problem,

we had discovered that during flashing(upgrading) the firmware something went wrong due to my usb port being instable,

so what turned out to be the problem: the chip that contains the firmware was empty, we have managed to flash an old firmware on it, then upgraded it.

now everything is working properly again

Hello. how did you flash the firmware?