Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix cab vs third party IR Cabs?

archisc

Our libraries of the "pro IR series" include also 16bit/48kHz samples rate (wave file format) - extra for Helix Users in mind ... 

From the manual

Helix can load and store up to 128 IRs at a time. 48kHz, mono, .WAV type IRs are supported.

Nothing about 16 or 24 bitrate

From the manual

Helix can load and store up to 128 IRs at a time. 48kHz, mono, .WAV type IRs are supported.

Nothing about 16 or 24 bitrate

From the Line 6 support page:

What IRs does Helix support?

Helix supports nearly all IRs in .WAV format. However, the Helix Edit application may

automatically change its attributes before sending it to the Helix hardware:

• Converts all .WAV IRs to 16-bit, 48kHz mono; when loading a stereo file, Helix

Edit uses only the left side

• Shortens (or lengthens) the IR to 2,048 samples. The user may choose a

1,024-sample version to save DSP, which fades out the IR halfway through

source: http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/effects-controllers/helix/impulse-response-irs-r759

• Upvote 1

Ever tried one of our Cab-Packs? :rolleyes:

I will be doing soon. BTW Sigi who owns the Marshall museum Germany is a friend of mine. Where else can you get an IR of a Marshall 8x10 cab? Nice job you guys.

Al

• Upvote 1

I will be doing soon. BTW Sigi who owns the Marshall museum Germany is a friend of mine. Where else can you get an IR of a Marshall 8x10 cab? Nice job you guys.

Al

Thank you :) yeah, Sigi is really one of the greatest guys i know ;) I´m sure he can tell you some stories, as we were at his location to capture the the material for the Cab-Packs ;) To the 8X10" (as Sigi has more than one of them), Sigi said: " well, IF you guys want to capture one of those, you`ll have to take THAT one ..." And because he is the Master and knows his stuff ... we just followed ;) really special the 8X10". Like it also for Clean to break up things with Fenderish and Voxish amps ... in real, it was made fot the "small box" Plexi`s that time (1968)...

He did tell me you guys called him and he always likes to help.

And you turned up with a great selection of mic's. He said the feedback has been very positive about the IRs.

The small box 50w plexi and 8x10 cab was Jim Marshall's favourite tone!

Btw, here is my visit to Sigi's Museum including pictures and sound clips.

Al

http://musiciansroadhouse.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17436

• Upvote 1

He did tell me you guys called him and he always likes to help.

And you turned up with a great selection of mic's. He said the feedback has been very positive about the IRs.

The small box 50w plexi and 8x10 cab was Jim Marshall's favourite tone!

Btw, here is my visit to Sigi's Museum including pictures and sound clips.

Al

http://musiciansroadhouse.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17436

Yeah, the feedback of the released Cabs ist awesome so far. At www.axefx.de Forum, we have a lot`s of experienced "IR Users", also with other IR producer packs (oftenly and also mentioned in this thread), and i got lot`s Emails, where they mentioned prefering our stuff over.... We`re very happy and proud of :) But there was a lot of research, development and experience with capturing methods and measuerment stuff, till we found, how to do it best we can ...

Great man! And i see lot`s of cabs we captured there :) Over all, we did 9 (3 are still not released) Marshall and his Orange 4x12, we found at his private rehearsal room. I called his Museum "the garden Eden for Rock guitarists". True, no?! :) If you watch the pictures at www.cabir.eu, i`m sure you`ll identify a lot of cabs :) The 8x12 "MR-PETE" with the T651 the red "MR-CB71" with Pre-Rola G12M25 and the "MR-GOLD92" (blue Tolex, 30th anniversar, T75) are still missing, but they will come ... lot of work to finish those IR packs... . I saw them also all of them in your very nice pictures ;)

Yeah spot on, Garden of Eden for rock guitarist's.

I just need a new laptop to run the Helix app, then I'll be getting Sigi's finest 1 and 2.

Can't wait to have those tones for my Helix to use.

And thanks for all your effort in doing a great job.

Al

• Upvote 1