Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Unable to connect to PC

sinlimo

While I was able to connect (and edit) my Helix on my work PC (Win 7), I can't connect on any of my home machines (Win 10 and Win 7). I keep getting the error message that says "Helix has stopped working". Argh, this is frustrating as i wanted to back up some presets I made and try out some new IR's!

I've uninstalled and re-installed the Helix application and drivers to no avail.

Any ideas on how to have my Helix and PC communicate???

heh heh, that'd be heavily ironic if I have to take this into work to get it to communicate with my PC.

I determined that it's NOT my USB port that's the problem... I was able to connect via USB to the updater and install the latest firmware.

The issue seems to be with the actual Helix application. Whenever I try and launch it, it just crashes.

Dang DI! First you were posting Helix updates while you were in Hawaii, and now you're working weekends? I very much appreciate your responses but you do need to relax SOMETIME! (jk) ;-)

And I submitted a tech support request as well so I'm hoping to hear from the Line6 support team in a few. There's definitely enough with the Helix to keep me occupied until the bug gets figured out.

Got my unit 3 days ago.  Have the same problem.  The ap runs on my W10 laptop but not on my W7 studio desktop, which is where I'd prefer it to run.  Have reinstalled a few times, no difference. 

Also noticed my user presets do not convert to stomp box mode.

Any help staff?

Thx

• 3 weeks later...

I have HELIX app running (Librarian) on a desktop W7 but not on two different vintage Sony Viao W7 laptops I consistently get this same error.  Tried all permutations of loading order (from restore points), no avail.  I called Line6 support and they are looking into it.

Maybe I'll load this on a Win 8.1 laptop (but it is for non-music use, I'm hesitant).  I need a laptop to recover setlist from a BSOD event during my weekend gig.... may have to just do this.

I know this will get sorted out, it is a new product..  yet frustrating.