Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix App & Windows 10

robbieb61

And so do you, very true on all of it but there is one variable that probably helped out with your migrations, that fact that you are using Pro.  The first time I went through the upgrade I just let it to everything by default so I knew what others would be doing and that tries to give you Home by default which has always been the red-headed -step-child of the OS version... by the way I am allowed to use such slander, I'm a red head... just not a step child :).  Anyway, I do remember all of those different migrations and if memory serves, the Pro version was always a lot easier to get on systems and was much more stable and compatible with stuff, Home.. not so much.  So that part actually is Microsoft's issue as the are knowingly distributing an inferior product.  Anyway, all pointing fingers aside, as DI said in one of his posts, this is a major pain releasing a brand new product that also coincides with the release of two major OS's as well.  I most certainly would not want to be a coder for any of those companies right now.

And oh... for all of you Windows 7/8/8.1 users out there that do NOT want to upgrade to 10.  You might want to do some searching on Microsoft "accidentally" upgrading users to 10.  They have been releasing it as an optional download for your non domain PCs.  Only catch is that this optional download is pre checked so if your PC is set to just DL and install updates as they come without any prompts, you could very well end up on Windows 10 without your consent.  This is no conspiracy theory, it's truth.  I just had to go and check all the PCs in my company and found more than a few of them primed and ready for the switch over. 

Here's the link for how to stop it from happening...

http://www.howtogeek.com/228551/how-to-stop-windows-7-or-8-from-downloading-windows-10-automatically/

You are probably right about Pro vs Home versions....we avoid stripped down versions of OS's like the plague.  This is one my biggest pet peeves with MS, multiple versions of their OS....really MS?!  Just sell ONE OS that is inclusive and be done with it.  Stripped down means issues, just like you so aptly point out...

Oh, red head here too....though I am a step child as well :)

• 3 weeks later...