Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What is the difference between a Bundle, and a set list?

dhewer

I wish I knew where my old post was. Search didn't show it. 

08 fx blocks per patch.   

04 patches per bank

16 banks per setlist

08 setlists per bundle

512 patches in a bundle. 

Some people skip the 'bank' and just say 64 patches per setlist. 

Presets, tones, patches - they are all used interchangeably by different people. 

One more way of explaining this. I'm assuming you know you have 16 banks with each bank containing 4 patches this makes 64 patches you can access. Assuming also you own the floorboard version. You can access all of these patches from your footswitches. A setlist consists of all of these patches. There are 8 slots you can store different setlists in, in your unit without using the computer. Switch to setlist 2 (or whatever you named it) and you now have 64 different patches you can access via your footswitches. Again you have 8 of those stored in your unit. A bundle is EVERY setlist you have stored in your unit. This you only save to your computer. Like patches, the setlists are stored on your unit, can be accesssed from your unit and can also be stored on your computer. A bundle however is only stored on your computer as it consists of EVERYthing stored in your unit and can only be stored and put back on your unit from your computer.  Hope that helps.

There is nothing wrong with saving a bundle, especially if you have use for every patch in the same position all the time. 

I can't use that. I have very few bundles saved, and they are usually used for 'starting over'. 

Setlists and patches are probably more important to be saved, because they allow more refinement as far as putting things where you want them. 

My two main bundles are: 

Factory default, saved from when I turn the unit on the first time (or after each software update). And I have a completely blank bundle, which empties every patch. 

The bulk of my stuff is patches, because I am constantly reorganizing everything based on the project I am working on each day. 

• Upvote 1