Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

BIG THANKS to Line 6 for using text for the .hlx format

mdmayfield

• 8 months later...
On 12/17/2017 at 2:06 PM, jonandtice said:

So I whipped up a very basic hlx file viewer as a proof of concept.  I've taken it as far as I can with my limited programming skills so hopefully this generates some interest.

test.html

Wow this is great! I've been looking for a possible way to easily view the details of my .hlx presets and this is an awesome start.  Would it be easy to add to this GUI?  I've not done any real coding or application design, but I'd love to help in any way to add functionality to this file viewer.  Specifics that I'd like to see is possibly buttons to change which snapshot you are viewing, as well as the parameters and values of the different blocks.  What do you think?  I know what sounds easy is not always possible...

By the way the main reason I'd like to have the ability to view the files is because I'm wondering if I'll be having to rebuild many of my presets from scratch;  I've been dealing with some buggy issues with parameters jumping around but after filing a support ticket I'm being told they are user error;  I'm pretty sure it's an issue with my unit, but I'm not sure if simply doing a fresh install of the firmware and a reloading of my presets will help my situations, SO I'm planning on doing a fresh install and rebuilding each preset manually;  my hope is that there will be a convenient way for me to view the information in each of my presets without having to reload them into the Helix and possibly causing "contamination" if that makes sense.  Sorry for the rant!  Regardless, let me know what you think of your GUI--I think it would be an awesome tool to utilize!

On 11/3/2015 at 2:51 PM, thestratmanblues said:

I've made this little Python app to dump the content of a Bundle file called "Bundle_VERSION_1_03.hlb":

I'll come up with another Python to dump in a more formatted fashion way.

Hello there!  I'm trying to run your Python app from Terminal, but I'm having trouble getting syntax errors...  Is there any chance I could get some help with this?  I've never played with Python, but would like to get the readout from the Helix Bundle file.  Thanks in advance!

On 9/13/2018 at 4:19 PM, swanny8777 said:

Hello there!  I'm trying to run your Python app from Terminal, but I'm having trouble getting syntax errors...  Is there any chance I could get some help with this?  I've never played with Python, but would like to get the readout from the Helix Bundle file.  Thanks in advance!

To even begin to guess at the source of the problem, someone would need to see the actual error :-)

Otherwise, maybe start here: https://opentechschool.github.io/python-beginners/en/getting_started.html

On 9/8/2018 at 7:17 PM, swanny8777 said:

Wow this is great! I've been looking for a possible way to easily view the details of my .hlx presets and this is an awesome start.  Would it be easy to add to this GUI?  I've not done any real coding or application design, but I'd love to help in any way to add functionality to this file viewer.  Specifics that I'd like to see is possibly buttons to change which snapshot you are viewing, as well as the parameters and values of the different blocks.  What do you think?  I know what sounds easy is not always possible...

By the way the main reason I'd like to have the ability to view the files is because I'm wondering if I'll be having to rebuild many of my presets from scratch;  I've been dealing with some buggy issues with parameters jumping around but after filing a support ticket I'm being told they are user error;  I'm pretty sure it's an issue with my unit, but I'm not sure if simply doing a fresh install of the firmware and a reloading of my presets will help my situations, SO I'm planning on doing a fresh install and rebuilding each preset manually;  my hope is that there will be a convenient way for me to view the information in each of my presets without having to reload them into the Helix and possibly causing "contamination" if that makes sense.  Sorry for the rant!  Regardless, let me know what you think of your GUI--I think it would be an awesome tool to utilize!

If I had time I'm pretty sure I could get it to look like HX Edit on a web browser, even with my limited skills.  So I'm surprised no one has done it yet.

3 hours ago, jonandtice said:

If I had time I'm pretty sure I could get it to look like HX Edit on a web browser, even with my limited skills.  So I'm surprised no one has done it yet.

Yeah, it seems like it would be straightforward enough, just extracting information from the .hlx files (and the fact that you have all the neat little images and such in the package contents of HX Edit)... I just have next to NO working knowledge of doing this stuff... I was able to add buttons though for snapshots that fill in the snapshot names on loading a preset, but that's all I've gotten to work so far (I couldn't get the dropdown menu to work as such).  It's fun playing around with though.  And it makes me wonder why exactly we're still not able to utilize HX Edit without being hooked up to the Helix.  Oh well.  I've recruited my buddy's help for working on this fun little project; he's in IT and is apparently well versed in JSON (or at least more than I am), so we'll see.

test 2.html

On 9/14/2018 at 5:52 PM, mdmayfield said:

To even begin to guess at the source of the problem, someone would need to see the actual error :-)

Otherwise, maybe start here: https://opentechschool.github.io/python-beginners/en/getting_started.html

Yes, sorry, I wasn't thinking of adding the error; perhaps when I have some time to read through your resource and troubleshoot I'll be more specific :-) Thanks for the help!

• 1 year later...
On 3/1/2017 at 3:13 PM, pilottes said:

I've also used a text editor to change my patches to MONO without loosing all individual parameter's values.

I'm using sed at the command-line which makes it very easy and fast to swap from stereo to mono when playing with the *.hlx files.

I'm using:

for i in *.hlx
do
  sed <$i >mono_$i 's/"@stereo" : true,/"@stereo" : false,/'
done

Some blocks won't convert because there's not a mono equivalent block, but Helix seems happy to accept the block definition, it just still shows the block as a stereo device. 

• 9 months later...