Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can you make your amp distortion not last in the effect chain?

pwh589

my distortion is better than the pods,but the problem is that ifi use my amps distortion,it affects all the efects,like reverb n stuff.i want to put the distortion first in the chain of effects,but i want to use my  distortion from my amp not the pods distortion

my distortion is better than the pods,but the problem is that ifi use my amps distortion,it affects all the efects,like reverb n stuff.i want to put the distortion first in the chain of effects,but i want to use my  distortion from my amp not the pods distortion

fx loop 

not only of the unit, but of the amp as a well. 

Various hookups will allow different things. 

my distortion is better than the pods,but the problem is that ifi use my amps distortion,it affects all the efects,like reverb n stuff.i want to put the distortion first in the chain of effects,but i want to use my distortion from my amp not the pods distortion

The 4 cable method (4CM) will allow you to do what you want. There are 1000 threads on here describing it. A quick search will provide at least a week's worth of reading material.

• Upvote 3

I use my distortion first in the single chain, set your first effects block to FX, you will need two patch cables to go from FX send to FX return on the pod with your pedal in the chain, and set the switch on the back of the pod to stomp.