Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Moving tones on the FX100

ianj001

I am very new to the FX100 and still trying to figure out how best to set it up so that I can use it to play my set list. I see how to load the tones into the banks so that each tone is on foot switch A, B, C or D. I also see I have 25 banks to play with and can move up and down the banks by pressing either A & B  or C & D. I have a few questions about making it work for me.

I noticed that bank 25 had USER1 through USER4 so I have replaced those with "my tones" however, the other 24 banks are prepopulated with what look like good tones but not what I need in any one bank.

Can I a) move the tones around in the banks (and if so how?)

and b) If I replace a prepopulated tone with one of "my tones" how do I get it back again?

Are all the tones in the first 24 banks already saved in "my tones"?

Forgive my ignorance but I have searched but can't find any decent documentation and no one seems to have asked this question in these forums.

You can save any tone to any spot you want with "Save to Hardware".

No, the 24 banks of presets are not in "My Tones".

You could save a preset to "My Tones" and reload it later, oir reflash the FX100 to restore the presets.

I wouldn't worry too much about the presets, just save the ones you really like to "My Tones" as a reference.

You can save any tone to any spot you want with "Save to Hardware".

No, the 24 banks of presets are not in "My Tones".

You could save a preset to "My Tones" and reload it later, oir reflash the FX100 to restore the presets.

I wouldn't worry too much about the presets, just save the ones you really like to "My Tones" as a reference.

Thanks, I will go through them and save the ones I like/need. Is it safe to assume that preset tones would be available in the cloud if I was to look for them in the future?

Just wanted to add: You are doing a great job answering posts Triryche and I for one, really appreciate you taking the time to answer. Obviously you already know all this stuff and its excellent that you are willing to share with others.

I don't know if Line6 has the original presets in the cloud, but if you try to search, you will likely come up with hits for the names that users have tweaked and uploaded.

Thanks for the kudos!!!

I think I speak for all the Experts when I say we really enjoy helping users get on with their gear( well, except for TheRealZap), but, we don't always know everything!! ( well, except for TheRealZap :lol: :lol: :lol: )

But seriously, Zap is one of the nicest guys I never met in person (yet).

I don't know if Line6 has the original presets in the cloud, but if you try to search, you will likely come up with hits for the names that users have tweaked and uploaded.

Thanks for the kudos!!!

I think I speak for all the Experts when I say we really enjoy helping users get on with their gear( well, except for TheRealZap), but, we don't always know everything!! ( well, except for TheRealZap :lol: :lol: :lol: )

But seriously, Zap is one of the nicest guys I never met in person (yet).

LOL! (I don't know the RealZap but I am sure it's just an "in joke") I am going to just load what I want where I want it and not worry about overwriting the original tones. Can you move the tones around from bank to bank? I am not sure how to do that, I thought you could just drag and drop them but it didn't appear to work.

You can’t drop and drop slots around in the app, the 100 slots in the AMPLIFi Remote App is just a graphical representation of the hardware’s mem slots.

You can select a tone in the app and save it to another location, but you overwrite the location you are saving to. You can also save a tone to another location using the foot-switches.

You can’t drop and drop slots around in the app, the 100 slots in the AMPLIFi Remote App is just a graphical representation of the hardware’s mem slots.

You can select a tone in the app and save it to another location, but you overwrite the location you are saving to. You can also save a tone to another location using the foot-switches.

I'll try and figure out how to save tones using the foot switches but for now, I will just open the tone and save it to the new location. - Thanks again for the input.

From the Pilot's Guide:

To Save A Preset: Press and hold the footswitch that indicates
your current selection to enter save mode. Footswitches A-D will
begin flashing; the next footswitch press will save the preset to that
location. Note that you are able to save presets to any bank while in
save mode. (See bank changing instructions below)

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifi-products/fx100/amplifi-fx100-faq-r642

From the Pilot's Guide:

To Save A Preset: Press and hold the footswitch that indicates

your current selection to enter save mode. Footswitches A-D will

begin flashing; the next footswitch press will save the preset to that

location. Note that you are able to save presets to any bank while in

save mode. (See bank changing instructions below)

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifi-products/fx100/amplifi-fx100-faq-r642

Thanks! - I would have looked there too, didn't mean to make you look it up for me. - Am I right in thinking that the pilot's guide is the only manual? It said in there go online for the full manual but I couldn't find anything but the pilot's guide.