Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connect pod hd to amp fx loop w/o 4cm

Aelpee

Hello, I'd like to use some of the reverbs and delays from my pod hd live in the FX loop of my amp. I won't be using pods distortion effects in front of the amp or amp simulations so I have no need for the 4cm. Would this be the correct connection for my setup: Guitar -> amp guitar in -> amp fx loop send -> pod fx return l/mono -> pod 1/4" out l/mono -> amp fx loop return? I also have the line/stomp switch set to stomp and the amp/line switch set to amp. Thank you for your help!

Edit: Also what do I need to setup from the pod side? I have the FX loop block in front of my patch with send 0.0db return 0.0db and mix 100%.

I would set the amp fx loop output level to instrument/stomp level and connect it to the POD Guitar input rather than its FX Return input. That way you won't have to use the POD FX Loop at all in the signal chain, and you won't have to use a dummy plug in the POD FX Send jack to activate it.

• Upvote 1

Hookup will work either way, no dummy plug required (I just tried it). In fact, the FX loop block doesn't even need to be turned on. However, why waste a block when Silverhead's method works fine. OP didn't specify what kind of amp he has, whether it has an FX loop switch or not, but if it doesn't it's probably instrument/stomp level by default.

I prefer the "guitar -> pod guitar in -> front of amp" because you can more easily keep the pod near you and have one cable run back to the amp instead of 3 or more cables running to amp. More flexible for using in different rooms and for my setup it doesn't sound any different.

• Upvote 1