Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Gear Insurance

DoeWoe

I've never bothered to investigate it specifically, but I suppose it depends on where you expect the damage/loss to occur. If you're only concerned with having it disappear from or be damaged at home, your homeowner's insurance may or may not already cover it.

Apparently this company exists:

https://www.musicproinsurance.com/

Learn something new every day...

I've checked into musicpro before.  It looks decent, but I've read that once you're in it's hard to get in contact with someone. I was checking into it more last night and discovered that my insurance company offers a personal articles policy that does the same thing.  It's an all peril, no deductible policy that covers from point A to point B and everything in between...just no war or nuclear strikes...haha.  My concern was if it was stolen somewhere away from home or damaged at church.  The church has insurance, but they this will cover me everywhere with no deductible for coverage of $1/yr per $155. Anyways I recommend you check with your insurance provider to see if they have a similar policy.

depending on what kind of gear you have, you should be able to include it (or get a rider to include it) with your home owners insurance. 

Most HOI's don't do business gear or collectibles. So, if you are like me, and are a full time musician that uses gear for business and has 30 year old pieces --- you can't do it. 

But, if you are just a guy that plays in his bedroom, or works for cash on the weekends, and you just have some off-the-rack gear - you're good to go.