JaPPa

Mkii Button Problem

Hi guys,

I'm using the MKII shortboard with a Spider iv 75. Here is my problem .. the buttons 'STOMP' and 'REVERB' don't always go on/off when pushed. Is there a way to calibrate or et-up the buttons so they work all the time? Other buttons are working perfectly. 

Make sure you update your Shortboard firmware by plugging into your computer and using Spider Monkey to check for updates.

This is a known problem with the micro switch buttons that are soldered to the internal circuit board. The buttons wear out and need to be replaced on a fairly regular basis.

I submitted a fairly lengthy post with all details of how to do this but the post has expired. In summary, you need to open up the Short Board and de-solder the failed switch from the circuit board, then solder in a new one. The switches are very cheap and can be sourced online or from any electronics supplier.

Next time I open mine up I will take pictures and re-post the instructions since this seems to be a fairly common problem.

This was the post in case anyone from Line 6 is paying attention http://line6.com/support/message/366052#366052 but as I said, it is no longer there.