Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

That is really crazy and awesome.

arislaf

This kind of thing is fascinating. Seen this demonstrated before in much more controlled settings and for more practical purposes, such as allowing a quadriplegic some amount of self-automation. First time I've seen this in a more mainstream application. It's getting there! But the way it's shown in this video, it appears very cumbersome and is extremely limiting in what you can do with the guitar musically. Just something fun to play around with, or as a self-feedback mechanism to help train you're brain to think a certain way.

• Upvote 1

Very cool stuff indeed! Thanks for sharing that Aris!

Doctors used something like that on my forhead while they operated on my spine and nerve canals. I guess,.... so they could watch my brain activity while they cut the authritic bone and splintered disc away thereby relieving the pressure on my nerves. I'm not totally sure about this since I'm not a doctor but it makes sense to me, lol.

• Upvote 1

Very cool stuff indeed! Thanks for sharing that Aris!

Doctors used something like that on my forhead while they operated on my spine and nerve canals. I guess,.... so they could watch my brain activity while they cut the authritic bone and splintered disc away thereby relieving the pressure on my nerves. I'm not totally sure about this since I'm not a doctor but it makes sense to me, lol.

OMG man, what happened and you had to pass this surgery?

OMG man, what happened and you had to pass this surgery?

I was moving many tons of weight manually every day sometimes every other day for 4 years straight (no vacations) after having all jobs in the 16 yrs. before which were arduous. Resulted in a bulging herniated disc that frayed into a nerve path which was already compromised with arthritis. Which resulted in an acute sprain of one of the main lateral muscles that run along the spine. Which then caused more damage to more nerves and paralyzed me and was so painful water streamed out of my eye sockets for about 4 feet and puddled up on the floor in front of me as I fell into a white out, lol. It was so bad I never fully recovered and am still in pain all the time. After dealing with it and the pain for years now I'm a different person. No one can upset me at all, I never get angry or mad any more, lol, If someone tries to make me angry they usually end up angrier than I simply because I don't play into it, lol.

Cool stuff Ari! It would be cool to see/hear what happens to the sound when a hot chick walks in. :)

Hahahahhahaa Good one!

• Upvote 4

Oh Brazz I feel for ya! I have herniated discs 3 times and momma-mia you are correct the pain is a new level and you never forget it. Not being able to walk, sit, lay down (or enjoy a #2 ;) ) blows.

You ain't sh!ttin' LOL​  My spinal cord was also affected as number one was an issue as well.

I was moving many tons of weight manually every day sometimes every other day for 4 years straight (no vacations) after having all jobs in the 16 yrs. before which were arduous. Resulted in a bulging herniated disc that frayed into a nerve path which was already compromised with arthritis. Which resulted in an acute sprain of one of the main lateral muscles that run along the spine. Which then caused more damage to more nerves and paralyzed me and was so painful water streamed out of my eye sockets for about 4 feet and puddled up on the floor in front of me as I fell into a white out, lol. It was so bad I never fully recovered and am still in pain all the time. After dealing with it and the pain for years now I'm a different person. No one can upset me at all, I never get angry or mad any more, lol, If someone tries to make me angry they usually end up angrier than just simply because I don't play into it, lol.

Hahahahhahaa Good one!

The universe can certainly be cruel. Really sorry to hear what you went through and are going through. I've had my share of spinal related pain, so I have a small clue about the pain involved, to a point of not being able to get up unassisted from a laying down position, but nothing like what you describe. Still I empathize.

It's also very inspiring to me to read about the attitude you take. BAD THINGS, FUC YOU AND ROT IN A LONELY CORNER!!!, but said and practiced in a happy phrasing. Love it!

The universe can certainly be cruel. Really sorry to hear what you went through and are going through. I've had my share of spinal related pain, so I have a small clue about the pain involved, to a point of not being able to get up unassisted from a laying down position, but nothing like what you describe. Still I empathize.

It's also very inspiring to me to read about the attitude you take. BAD THINGS, FUC YOU AND ROT IN A LONELY CORNER!!!, but said and practiced in a happy phrasing. Love it!

Thanks! Now I understand why years ago the elders that were around me would say things "Old men don't fight, they just shoot" lol.

Hey Aris. Please keep in mind I couldn't possibly give you the whole story in a tiny post so read it only for what it is. Don't let your imagination run too far away.

Good enough for me that this was your life changer bro. Take care.

Good enough for me that this was your life changer bro. Take care.

Thanks and you know I will.

Getting back to this EEG thing. I wonder what other things one can control. I know this brain activity reading subject is growing.

Years ago I was hearing that someone or company has found out sure fire way to find out if a person is telling the truth or lying with a sort of MRI of the brain. I wonder how the 2 might be linked, lol. That person said a certain part of the brain lights up when one lies and another part lights up when the truth is told.

Just recently I remember Michio Kaku saying that a dvd image of a persons brain can be recorded so this would include one's character, personality, knowledge, creativity, etc and could be used to replicate a person even after they die. Like in a robot or a hologram.

The possibilities are amazing to me.

Edited by Brazzy

Thanks and you know I will.

Getting back to this EEG thing. I wonder what other things one can control. I know this brain activity reading subject is growing.

Years ago I was hearing that someone or company has found out sure fire way to find out if a person is telling the truth or lying with a sort of MRI of the brain. I wonder how the 2 might be linked, lol. That person said a certain part of the brain lights up when one lies and another part lights up when the truth is told.

Just recently I remember Michio Kaku saying that a dvd image of a persons brain can be recorded so this would include one's character, personality, knowledge, creativity, etc and could be used to replicate a person even after they die. Like in a robot or a hologram.

The possibilities are amazing to me.

Some of those functional MRI studies are fascinating!

Haha. Michio Kaku is great but can be a little over-exaggerated, or science-fictiony when describing some things. Some believe that a person's mind is not only the product of the brains connections, but also of the patterns the connections make when working, which is an emergent property. Like a flock of birds flying in formation is an emergent property. So even if you were able to make an atom by atom replica of someone's brain, something would be missing. How do you replicate the emergent property? Where does that come from? And how does the weird behavior of things small - atoms and particles - play into it? Like being in two places at once, or instantaneous communication between particles, regardless of distance?

If you're into reading books, particularly fiction with some real - i.e. not made up - cutting edge science or abstract concepts, there's a great one by Greg Egan, Permutation City, that's about the best I've read about consciousness and defeating death by replicating the mind digitally.