Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6 JM4 2.07 firmware Update

guitarnutz

• 2 weeks later...

Hey There,

All you need is the Monkey updater. 

Here is a link leading to our downloads section for the most recent firmware update (2.09), you can also download the monkey updater from this as well, just search for JM4, download the Firmware file, then use the Monkey updater and click 'update from file':

line6.com/software/index.html

• Downvote 2

• 7 months later...

I formatted a 2 Gb in the JM4 looper, downloaded the 'fw.bin' file on my Mac, copied it to the SD card, followed the instruction in the Advanced guide, BUT NOTHING HAPPENS. It is still 2.0. 

The “All you need is the Monkey updater†is not helping me. Others say “all you need is love†but that does not help me either in upgrading the firmware of my JM4 looper from 2.0 to 2.09. I would appreciate some step by step information. I downloaded the Monkey updater on my Mac. There was no JM4 in the dropdown “Select the line6 device you’d like to configure.†so I am not sure how to use it. 

• 1 year later...
On 2/22/2016 at 8:39 PM, NBell said:

Hey There,

All you need is the Monkey updater. 

Here is a link leading to our downloads section for the most recent firmware update (2.09), you can also download the monkey updater from this as well, just search for JM4, download the Firmware file, then use the Monkey updater and click 'update from file':

line6.com/software/index.html

Where is the Monkey updater, for updating the firmware of the JM4 ?

Got the firmware, but no Monkey ?

Or a manual to do so ?

TIA

Follow this link: https://line6.com/software/index.html

In the middle drop down menu labeled 'All Software'; select Line 6 Monkey. 

After this has downloaded to your computer you can connect your device via USB and run the update, or if you have the firmware file on your computer, select 'update from file'. 

• Downvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a similar problem. It's April 2020. I recently got out my JM4 again & tried to update the firmware to 2.09. I copied the wavs I had on the SD card elsewhere to preserve them. 

I successfully downloaded the fw.bin file & downloaded the Line 6 Monkey from your website. When I open the Monkey the JM4 isn't listed on the dropdown menu & I can't go any further. I tried opening the fw.bin & got a file fw.bin.cpgz. I get another file, fw 2.bin when I open the cpgz file. When I open the fw 2.bin file, I get a fw 2.bin.cpgz file. Opening that, I get fw 2 2.bin file, which reveals a fw 2 2.bin.cpgz file. I'm pessimistic that If I open further files. I'll continue to get progressively smaller files that I'll have to open. Uncle. I give up.  It's like I'm trying to open a Matryoshka doll with no end in sight. 

I don't see "update from file" anywhere. My JM4 doesn't have a USB port, so I suspect I'll have to update it via the SD card. Please advise me on what to do next. How do I use the Monkey if my device isn't listed, or is there another way to update the firmware?

• 2 years later...

With all the concerns about this file getting corrupted, can someone from Line6 provide the file hash?

Here is my file's hash:

CRC32 Checksum: 2326C3F8
MD5 Checksum: B36FC639EB8440B92344BC43D26FC517
SHA-256 Checksum: DF9F3A00C67BB51B922CE1C8BD8AC64C33EFF92F3DBCCA9350EF9EF6BF3BF287
Generated by MD5 & SHA Checksum Utility @ http://raylin.wordpress.com/downloads/md5-sha-1-checksum-utility