Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Metal Pack for medium to heavy rock tones?

Indianrock2020

I love my HD500x but get bored from time to time so considering the HD metal pack.  I don't play metal or "djente,"  but could use a wider selection of heavy drives/distortion/fuzz.    I'm loving the Tube Drive and Line 6 Drive that came with the unit -- very tasty even through my strat with single coils.  This is kind of surprising since the Gold Lace Sensors in all 3 positions are fairly low output.
http://www.lacemusic.com/Sensor_Gold.php

I have the vintage pack already.

HD Metal Pack
Model Name                   Modeled After
PV Panama                    Peavey® 5150® (Block logo)
Mahadeva                     Bogner® Shiva
Brit 2204                       Remastered Marshall® JCM800 (Model 2204)
Line 6 Insane                Line 6 Original
Line 6 Big Bottom          Line 6 Original
Line 6 Variac'ed Plexi    Line 6 Original
Line 6 Purge                  Line 6 Original
Line 6 Aggro                  Line 6 Original
Line 6 Smash               Line 6 Original
Line 6 Octone                Line 6 Original

The Tube Drive and Line 6 Drive were my favorites from the HD as well. I bought the full bundle when I got these because I wanted the bass pack and at least one from the metal pack, so it made sense to just get them all. From the metal pack, the 5150 is really, really good. Can't go wrong for what you're asking for. Haven't messed too much with the other amps in this pack but the Shiva and JCM800 I'm sure will also suit your needs, maybe more so than the 5150. All the Line 6 Original amps are older technology that's ported over from an older device, the X3 or XT, can't remember. Most of these are really heavy sounding, over-the-top, and exaggerated at what they do.

• Upvote 2