Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Going from 4CM to studio

shawncooke1

Hi, first time user/poster of Line 6.  I got the Helix today and was going to be using it with my Marshall JVM 210H, Marshal 412 cab with v30/25 watt greenbacks.  I would also be using it straight into my daw for recording purposes.  I was wondering, is there a way to quickly remove the cab simulations and put them back quickly, depending on what setup I'm using at the time?  I would like to, not use, the cabs with my live setup because it doesn't sound good, but would like them to be there when in daw mode, because of how well they sound.  I would like to do this without having to delete or change the patch. Thank you, Shawn.

Set a bypass foot-switch? Do you have a lot of patches that you would record and play with? If not, save the patch in another Preset bank and remove the cabs seems logical.

Am new to both here and Helix myself so just don't take my word for it. I'm sure there is a more elegant solution.

I suggest you do what RJMEngineering suggested - have a seltist for live play without the cabs and one for recording with the cab/mic simulations. You might find that you need to do more than just add the cabs to get the tones you want for recording. Once you get them tweaked properly you won't need to do any further changing - just use the appropriate setlist.