Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tapping into TH3, Amplitube,ect...

willjrock

I mean theyre all IRs right?. The mentioned programs have some cab sounds i find really useful.  How can a fella load an IR from one of the software programs?  Logic suggests i need to find the .wav files but havent had much luck there. Sure i can record a track without any cab emulation on in the Helix and add it later, but.......

What exactly is possible?    .....and then, is there a way to navigate to a simple .wav file to use cabs from TH3, Amplitube, ect..

Thanks for any thought you may have given.

Hey thanks for your reply man....I saw that post and didnt read it too deeply, and i was misinterpreting it ...So you are explaining exactly what i am asking here....isnt there already a wav file associated with each cabinet? Isnt it just a matter of locating said wav file? I guess youre saying no, and you know better than i do....but man...  it'd be much easier to have the wav file.

but really, if i follow you (and im not familiar with deconvolver, i have it tho) all i would really need to do is drag (or import) my cab of chioce into voxengo and export it as an IR? Maybe thats not too big a deal, but something tells me theres more to it :)

I guess i'll have to look a bit deeper, i just hoped for a one step solution. Appreciate your effort on the IRs.

Hey thanks for your reply man....I saw that post and didnt read it too deeply, and i was misinterpreting it ...So you are explaining exactly what i am asking here....isnt there already a wav file associated with each cabinet? Isnt it just a matter of locating said wav file? I guess youre saying no, and you know better than i do....but man...  it'd be much easier to have the wav file.

but really, if i follow you (and im not familiar with deconvolver, i have it tho) all i would really need to do is drag (or import) my cab of chioce into voxengo and export it as an IR? Maybe thats not too big a deal, but something tells me theres more to it :)

I guess i'll have to look a bit deeper, i just hoped for a one step solution. Appreciate your effort on the IRs.

Ha!  You made me look...I did not find any *.wav files in the Amplitube Program Files or Data.  It looks like most of the program is packaged into a couple of large *.pak files, encrypted I'm sure.  I agree that it should be as easy was an exported *.wav file.  If Amplitube would add that functionality, it would put them in the IR market for us madmen tone-chasers to consume.  I think $159 is a good deal for even just an uber-teakable IR (virtual) cab generator.  I think many people spend that order of $ on OwnHammer and Redwirez IR's.  

Now you cant just go directly from Amplitube to Voxengo that I saw.  I had to take it through a DAW.  It just so happened that Fruity Loops has Fruity Convolver and a nice semi-automated plug in IR capture feature.

Long story semi-short, 

1. Use Voxengo Deconvolver (VDC) to generate the 20 sec sine sweep impulse *.wav file for an input signal to the DAW plug in (Amplitube)
  2. In Fruity Loops, make the Fruity Loops Convolver (FLC)-Amplitube-Fruity Loops Convolver plug in sandwich
  3. Turn of the 1st and 3rd slot FLC's and tweak an Amplitube Cab and Mic to taste to a Helix amp
  4. Turn on the 1st FLC slot and import and play the Voxengo sine sweep through Amplitube and adjust the Amplitube inputs and outputs below clip (red).
  5. Turn on the 3rd FLC slot (all 3 are on now) and record the output (response) of the 1st FLC through Amplitube 2nd slot.
  6. In the 3rd FLC slot, add a little silence to the end of the recorded response as for some reason it is slightly shorter than 20 sec.
  7. In the 3rd FLC slot, export the response as a *.wav
  8. In VDC, load the original VDC-generated 20 sec sine sweep *.wav file and the FLC exported response *.wav file,
  9. In VDC, set the magic settings in the pic above (experiment to taste), and click Process
  10. In Helix App, drag your new IR it into one of the Impulses slot, put it on a preset, and enjoy.

Typing the word "sandwich" made me want a sandwich.  Dinner time!

Ha!  You made me look...I did not find any *.wav files in the Amplitube Program Files or Data.  It looks like most of the program is packaged into a couple of large *.pak files, encrypted I'm sure.  I agree that it should be as easy was an exported *.wav file.  If Amplitube would add that functionality, it would put them in the IR market for us madmen tone-chasers to consume.  I think $159 is a good deal for even just an uber-teakable IR (virtual) cab generator.  I think many people spend that order of $ on OwnHammer and Redwirez IR's.  

Now you cant just go directly from Amplitube to Voxengo that I saw.  I had to take it through a DAW.  It just so happened that Fruity Loops has Fruity Convolver and a nice semi-automated plug in IR capture feature.

Long story semi-short, 

1. Use Voxengo Deconvolver (VDC) to generate the 20 sec sine sweep impulse *.wav file for an input signal to the DAW plug in (Amplitube)
  2. In Fruity Loops, make the Fruity Loops Convolver (FLC)-Amplitube-Fruity Loops Convolver plug in sandwich
  3. Turn of the 1st and 3rd slot FLC's and tweak an Amplitube Cab and Mic to taste to a Helix amp
  4. Turn on the 1st FLC slot and import and play the Voxengo sine sweep through Amplitube and adjust the Amplitube inputs and outputs below clip (red).
  5. Turn on the 3rd FLC slot (all 3 are on now) and record the output (response) of the 1st FLC through Amplitube 2nd slot.
  6. In the 3rd FLC slot, add a little silence to the end of the recorded response as for some reason it is slightly shorter than 20 sec.
  7. In the 3rd FLC slot, export the response as a *.wav
  8. In VDC, load the original VDC-generated 20 sec sine sweep *.wav file and the FLC exported response *.wav file,
  9. In VDC, set the magic settings in the pic above (experiment to taste), and click Process
  10. In Helix App, drag your new IR it into one of the Impulses slot, put it on a preset, and enjoy.

Typing the word "sandwich" made me want a sandwich.  Dinner time!

You really are the man!! Step by step instructions?! Thats as close to a virtual hand holding as youre gonna get...about what i need too. I'll see what i can come up with. My spare time is pretty limted.

I have the Redwirez stuff, but there are some sounds scattered throughout the digital world i havent been able to get anywhere else. One example is in TH3 AFTER moving mics on the cabinet and creating phase anomalies. I dont know if that end result is transferable to a wav file or not.

In any case a couple of cabs in TH3 i just dont want to live without.