Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I go back to 1.06.5 ?

pilottes

I jumped on the bandwagon with the new Helix beta application and the 1.10 flash update. I'm still early in the process of improving a set of patches and I realized when I reordered them in the editor the status of some footwich changed from unlit to lit for no reason other than they have multiple assignement. Will my latest batch of presets load on the 1.06.5 flash with the old Helix app?

I jumped on the bandwagon with the new Helix beta application and the 1.10 flash update. I'm still early in the process of improving a set of patches and I realized when I reordered them in the editor the status of some footwich changed from unlit to lit for no reason other than they have multiple assignement. Will my latest batch of presets load on the 1.06.5 flash with the old Helix app?

If you have not tried a global reset yet this might be your first step (make sure you have bundle, setlist, and individual preset backups of everything first). I would probably wait for an answer from L6 or contact them directly with this question.  I would think rolling back the firmware and restoring presets made with the older version of the editor that accompanied the 1.06.5 firmware would be no issue but restoring presets made with the current editor version and firmware to an older version of the firmware may NOT work. Definitely a question for the experts!

Not sure why this happened. In the meantime an approach that might work is to back up your new presets made with the 1.10 firmware and editor individually, you can highlight them all at one time and hit the "Export" link.  They can be imported back en masse with the "Import" link in the same fashion. If you still have your backups of the older presets from the previous editor/firmware version you can roll back to the previous firmware, restore your old (1.06.5) backups, save them again, and then go through the upgrade process again. Once the upgrade process is completed you can restore both your old presets and the new ones from the 1.10 firmware backup that you exported individually, of course there is no guarantee the outcome will be any different. Backup (twice) a bundle, all your individual setlists, and all your individual presets before attempting any of this. That way, worst case scenario you can at least get back to where you are now.

You can certainly roll the firmware back, but my assumption would be that any presets you made and saved with the 1.10 firmware will not be able to be loaded with the old firmware. If you made a backup of your presets before doing the update, those would work.

That's more or less what I thought. Since I've been working relentlessly on my patches as I learned to get out the most out of the device I don't really want to go back to my ste from a week ago. I'll sit tight and work on the Helix itself until the full release is out. I noticed this when I did all the touchup on the presets for the third time I realized it must be something related to the editor. I'm not going to investigate further at this point. And yest I did reset all when I flashed to 1.10.0.

Thanks

That's more or less what I thought. Since I've been working relentlessly on my patches as I learned to get out the most out of the device I don't really want to go back to my ste from a week ago. I'll sit tight and work on the Helix itself until the full release is out. I noticed this when I did all the touchup on the presets for the third time I realized it must be something related to the editor. I'm not going to investigate further at this point. And yest I did reset all when I flashed to 1.10.0.

Thanks

Have you installed the latest 1.11.1 version of the Helix App?

Now, you got me all curious again. I could not resist. So I did a few things. I could have done it differently but I learned something in the process.

1- I resetted the global settings  with boot + footswitch 5+6

2- I export the full bundle under the 1.10 HELIX app

3- I imported the said bundle and can confirm the behavior is reproductible, many presets footswitche's states altered 

4- Install HELIX app 1.11.1 

5- Correct one patch so it reflects the state of effect blocs vs lit or unlit color ring

6- Re-exported as a bundle

7- Re-imported bundle to find the preset changed again.

SO! I have to go through some 50 patches again for the hmmm... 4th time. I'll leave it be for a while....  darn

Now, you got me all curious again. I could not resist. So I did a few things. I could have done it differently but I learned something in the process.

1- I resetted the global settings  with boot + footswitch 5+6

2- I export the full bundle under the 1.10 HELIX app

3- I imported the said bundle and can confirm the behavior is reproductible, many presets footswitche's states altered 

4- Install HELIX app 1.11.1 

5- Correct one patch so it reflects the state of effect blocs vs lit or unlit color ring

6- Re-exported as a bundle

7- Re-imported bundle to find the preset changed again.

SO! I have to go through some 50 patches again for the hmmm... 4th time. I'll leave it be for a while....  darn

LOL, a noble effort, nobody can accuse you of not putting in the work. Good luck!

I can certainly say the 1.10.0 patch format is not compatible with the 1.06.5 firmware. They changed the schema of the patch files. They are not backward compatible. If you didn't back up the 1.06.5 versions you are stuck.