Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.0 Tone

regalpierot

I may well be mis-remembering, to to speak, and Lord knows I did search before potentially posting nonsense or a repeat thread. But I just upgraded to 2.1 yesterday (zero problems thankfully, think that being pedantic in the steps and revisions helps) and in some odd way the general tones of my own presets that I re-imported, sorta sound high frequency heavy and a little different. New factory ones sound really good so just things I built in 1.12 that have a different...well...color.

Thought I remembered some time ago someone posting the same and there being a response about the way Global EQ or the likes changed where it was applied, maybe on a preset basis. I dunno, someone had some reason and I thought there were a few people noticing the same thing

Anyone else experience the same or have the same recollection.

The input Z used to be globally applied, and now it is saved on a preset per preset basic, so it is possible that if you were using a value other than "Auto" before the update, your presets could sound different. Also, after you do the Global Settings reset, the input pad defaults to off, so if you had that on it could make a difference. The global EQ defaults to off and goes back to the default flat setting, so if you were depending on that, you'd have to reset it to where it was.

Other than that, there was no actual change to any of the amp and cab models (other than the new models they added, of course). I believe they may have changed some of the default settings, so if you were starting with a blank preset and loading in a new amp and/or cab block, those may sound different than they did before. But that wouldn't have any effect on existing presets.