Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod X3 Live Power Problem

breadfile

Depending on the outcome of my question, I may be able to come into possession of a POD X3 Live for a very low price. There is a catch of course.

The board has previously been modded to wire a power cable directly to the board, bypassing the power jack. However in its current state the board will not power on at all. It is unknown to the seller how and when this occurred.

My question is how easy would it be to disgnose the problem on such a board and subsequently fix it? Are there many dangerous capacitors inside?

To recap, pod x3 live, extremely cheap, no power, is it worth it to try to fix it?

I have no idea how hard it would be to fix such a thing or if it would even be possible. I don't think any tech would be able to really tell you without looking at it. But as far as dangerous capacitors, I wouldn't think that would be an issue. It runs as 9V AC, and there's no reason that you would be dealing with elevated voltages. Any of the capacitors internally would drain their charge very quickly.

Well as long as it's safe for a little good old fashioned poking around, I guess?

I think the seller actually just has no idea what is wrong with it. So really it could be anything, but are there any common issues on these things that could cause a power failure?

I'm currently using a Boss ME-5 and the darn thing is built like a rock (1988 and hardly even a scratch!) but it's a little basic and I haven't heard much good about more recent boss multis. This just seemed like a great opportunity for what could be a great deal on a great board.