Sign in to follow this  
william1385

Pod X3 live recording problems

Hi, first post. I recently bought an x3 live to record at home, using audacity. I've used the Boss me80 previously with good results but preferred the tones of the pod.

Anyway, when I got to record (via usb) it records very low, almost inaudible, but during recording the levels sound great but once I play it back its super low. I've no idea why or how to fix it, any help would be great.

Its been forever since I've used Audacity but from what I read in your post it sounds like you need to increase the input signal going into the DAW.

Make sure that you have configured Audacity to use the Pod X3 ASIO driver, not the default ASIO4ALL.

Its not the Pod's volume but the PC's input level you need to look for. Control Panel option for input? Also the mixer slider in the DAW.

I'll give the driver thing a try, I was using a boss me80 before this and I just plugged in USB and recorded on audacity no problem.

Using the proper driver is important. Let us know if you are still having difficulties after installing it, or if you need help finding and installing it.