Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone else using Pitch Echo as a "Mimiq"?

steevo1977

Quite an interesting little easter egg this, give it a shot.

Pitch at zero

Cents +/- around 1.5 to give a variance

20-30ms delay

20% feedback

Adjust mix and Spread to suit (I had mix at 30-40% and spread around 50%)

I tried the mono one and stereo one before the amp but the best results came from placing it after the IR/Cab or between the Amp and IR/Cab

I did try multiple pitch echo blocks with slightly different configs in tandem however not sure I appreciated the outcome quite the same.

Obviously this isn't the same as a Mimiq pedal but it's similar and WAY better than the HAAS style effect of using LR  panning and a 20-30ms digital delay.

• Upvote 2

Quite an interesting little easter egg this, give it a shot.

Pitch at zero

Cents +/- around 1.5 to give a variance

20-30ms delay

20% feedback

Adjust mix and Spread to suit (I had mix at 30-40% and spread around 50%)

I tried the mono one and stereo one before the amp but the best results came from placing it after the IR/Cab or between the Amp and IR/Cab

I did try multiple pitch echo blocks with slightly different configs in tandem however not sure I appreciated the outcome quite the same.

Obviously this isn't the same as a Mimiq pedal but it's similar and WAY better than the HAAS style effect of using LR  panning and a 20-30ms digital delay.

Thanks! That sounds great and is now part of my lead snapshot. :)

• Upvote 1

I've tried to recreate that in Helix and hit a limit on CPU...maybe you are on to something!

I got pretty close with my Boss GT10. I can get close on the intro but making a patch with the other lead components is where it gets weird. There is a good starting block in a patch on Customtone. 

• Upvote 1

I got pretty close with my Boss GT10. I can get close on the intro but making a patch with the other lead components is where it gets weird. There is a good starting block in a patch on Customtone. 

Maybe buy a second Helix to run along side the other one? :D

Is spread only on the stereo version ?

Must be, I didn't see a "spread" parameter and I'm running in Mono 

Makes sense...

I don’t see any »spread«-parameter in Pitch Echo (Stereo Version) at all. Instead I see a »scale«-parameter. Just to make sure …

Sorry all, yes scale is the correct term and its on the stereo model. I R IDIOT!

Cheers ;)