Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Since update to 2.20 I get this error message in Editor

talonmm

I installed the firmware and line 6 helix editor weeks ago to 2.20 and it worked fine.

a couple of weeks ago I downloaded some of the newer tones from custom tone and about a third of the tones would not work.

Today, I downloaded the newest tones and about half of them do not work, because editor gives me a message "model specified in file is not recognized"

looks like a model inside the tone is not found in my firmware or editor, yet both things were updated and both say ver. 2.20

going though the line 6 download/update screens is cumbersome and a puzzle sometimes.  Did I leave out a part of the update?  I reset globals and did the resets after the firmware as advised and again after the editor upgrade just to be safe.

two of the files it happens on is Castellorizon ,  scream.period.lead 

any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

I agree with PeterHamm. Double check this.

Note that the main editor window displays the version of the firmware installed in the connected Helix. To determine the editor version in you need to use the Help..... About Helix menu in the editor.

I agree with PeterHamm. Double check this.

Note that the main editor window displays the version of the firmware installed in the connected Helix. To determine the editor version in you need to use the Help..... About Helix menu in the editor.

that was it!  I was seeing the firmware, not the editor version.  I downloaded the new editor and now it's working fine.  thanks so much!

that was it!  I was seeing the firmware, not the editor version.  I downloaded the new editor and now it's working fine.  thanks so much!

Hi,

probably a stupid question but were can I download the editor software?

On the Line 6 website I can only find the 'Line 6 updater' software. Or is that the same?

To begin the update procedures:

- Download the EDITOR package first (not the firmware). To get this, select HELIX in the middle (Software) field of the Downloads page; do not select Helix in the leftmost (Products) field. The following page lists the detailed installation instructions. READ THEM FIRST. As the instructions prescribe, before downloading and installing the editor, follow the pre-installation instructions to make proper backups. Avoid using the bundle backup - backup individual setlists.

- Now use the Get Download link at the bottom of the instructions panel. During installation of the editor package, make sure you use the check marks to also install the driver and the Line 6 Updater program. If you are very experienced with the process and really know what you're doing you can choose to not install any of these. By default, install them all.

- Connect the Helix device and run the Line 6 Updater program.

Continue to follow all post-installation instructions, including restoring your backups.

As someone who recently missed the download as well, Line 6 should make the download link much more obvious and easy to find additionally, if the editor program can show you the firmware version, it should check to make sure the editor version and firmware version are in unison and give you a warning message when they are not.

I think both of your suggestions are good, but the editor did give you an error message - the one in your original post. Granted it could have been more specific..... but the fact that the editor and the firmware had different model lists was the clue . 😉