Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD packs from hd500x for Firehawk?

xmacvicar

Do you think we will ever get these for the fire hawk? since they are already available for the HD 500 X. Amps like jcm 800 remastered (or is the Firehawk jcm 800 the same?) or the hd 5150 etc.

I doubt it. But don't some already exist just under a different name? E.g the 5150 is called Panama in the Pod metal pack, on FH it is called Mississippi Criminal. In this example, the FH version is much better anyways...

I thought the model packs were HD amps (metal pack, vintage, etc). The Mississippi criminal on the FH is not an HD amp

On Firehawk, the HD amp models have deep editing parameters not available on the other "non-HD" amp models... master, sag, hum, bias and bias excursion. I find these very useful for emulating the "cranked up" tube amp sound at any volume.

On Firehawk, the HD amp models have deep editing parameters not available on the other "non-HD" amp models... master, sag, hum, bias and bias excursion. I find these very useful for emulating the "cranked up" tube amp sound at any volume.

Yes this is true, I had forgotten that. But I rarely use any of those parameters, I find them too subtle to be worth the effort. Those parameters are available on all the amps on the POD not just the extra packs.