Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

UX1 No sound output through onboard realtek

maiyak

Hi... I just got a UX1 with the Pod Farm software. After doing all of the driver updates and everything i finally got it working, but not the way I want it to. I can't get the POD sound to output through my computer's onboard sound device; I have to use the UX1 as the output device instead. For my setup this isn't really desirable. Any help? The onboard soundcard is Realtek.

The UX1 is a soundcard... So that's kind of the whole point. If you're using the POD Farm 2.5 plug-in, you can use it with any hardware you want though. What version of POD Farm are you using?

It's 2.5... the software that came on the CD with the UX1. I did run updates so it's the latest build.

I doubt any on board realtek soundcard would be as goid as the ux1. I would think you woul get better quality recording and playback using the ux1 as your dedicated soundcard. Perhaps you could describe your setup and people here maybe able to offer some advice

Assume you want to use the onboard soundcard because you have your speakers hooked up to it.  A device like the Mackie passive Big Knob would allow you to hook up the audio outputs form both your computer and UX1 to is, with the speakers, and just a simple push button ability to change over the inputs.