Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording mode StageScape

Here is a potentially relevant snip from the manual (see section 4-8 Streaming):

“Multitrack recording to SD/USB storage is not available while connected to a computer.â€

The M20d supports a digital stream to only one device at a time. When you are connected to a computer that becomes the active digital device. You must disconnect from the computer in order for the SD/USB device to be recognized for recording.

• Upvote 2

As long as your M20d USB is connected to your computer you do not hace to set anything in the M20d - it is automatically using the ASIO driver on your computer to communicate with your computer. In your DAW, make sure the M20d is selected as your audio device, arm the track(s) for recording, and select the desired M20d USB channel as the record input source. Note also that the M20d becomes your audio card; you have to connect your headphones/speakers to the M20d outputs in order to hear anything.

You should expect significant latency on playback; the M20d ASIO driver is not designed as an audio interface driver for full multi-track DAW purposes. It is designed for a one-time capture of audio streaming. You will not be able to overcome the latency to effectively overdub in your DAW.

• Upvote 2

No the latency is a nightmare. If you can tweak the recording offsets (I can in Reaper) it is possible to align things so that you can overdub and be in time and not have to shift the recorded tracks, but the latency is still there, so changing the levels or any other setting still takes a second or more to adjust. Worse still the offsets don't appear to be consistent so what worked for one session using 12 inputs was way out for a second session using only the first 6.

If the issue is with the M20d software, I personally would be very happy with a "Studio Mode" where the mixer features turned off just leaving it as a quality 16 In 6 Out USB interface.

This is the ideascale about improving latency just to prove that it does exist

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/idea-v2/490709

• Upvote 2

This post is right for me too....i have opened another conversation signaling that in my case M20d and PC do not seem to communicate...no sound comes in into Studio Pro over the USB link...

And, here i seem to gather that the M20d WILL receive sound from the PC over the USB link....in my case i couldn't hear anything...i had a doubt the only way to send sound frmo the PC to the M20d is via the AUX audio input...this did sound strange to me in fact...

Thanks!

a.