Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

NGD Amethyst

wsexson

post-2584486-0-20115300-1513522770_thumb.jpg

Just got this Thursday. So far I am really happy with it. Demo model from Sweetwater. I was not able to find the supposed minor blemish they said it had. I think it has a nice weight, balance, and neck.  My only nit to pick is that the tip of the whammy handle is white. That doesn't look right to me on a guitar with a black pickguard and black pickup covers. I think I am going to have to buy a new handle with black tip.

I think I will probably need to tweak some of the presets slightly for my personal preferences, but the alternate tunings are awesome. I have not noticed any strange artifacts or warbles yet. IMO it looks pretty damned good, too. I think this will be a very fun machine. Waiting for the SKB soft case I ordered for it to be delivered.

I managed to find a pair of screws in my collection of stock strap buttons that was about the same length as the Variax Standard button screws and also fit into the Ernie Ball super lock buttons. Graph Tech Ratio locking tuners next.

I managed to find a pair of screws in my collection of stock strap buttons that was about the same length as the Variax Standard button screws and also fit into the Ernie Ball super lock buttons. Graph Tech Ratio locking tuners next.

"About the same length" can be a problem if the screws you found are longer than the stock ones. There is a long and glorious history of longer screws poking their way into the electronics cavity, and mangling the main circuit board. Tread cautiously....

"About the same length" can be a problem if the ones you found are longer than the stock ones. There is a long and glorious history of longer screws poking their way into the electronics cavity, and mangling the main circuit board. Tread cautiously....

I had read about that issue on the forums, so I checked the length of the screw with button on vs the main board cavity. It was just barely shorter than the distance to the cavity. The felt gave a wee bit additional stand off, too.