Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV69S - Piezo pickups

Hi all, I apologize for my stupid question and for my bad english... :)

I just bought a JTV69S... is there a way to use only piezo pickups without modelling ?

I've heard that playing chords the sound is not natural like a real acoustic guitar.

It has a sound like a "synth" with a lot of sustain... I know that's normal because it isn't a real acoustic guitar  ;) .

I don't understand how the piezo works... I think that it works only in modelling mode... is it right ?

Many thanks.

Hi all, I apologize for my stupid question and for my bad english... :)

I just bought a JTV69S... is there a way to use only piezo pickups without modelling ?

I've heard that playing chords the sound is not natural like a real acoustic guitar.

It has a sound like a "synth" with a lot of sustain... I know that's normal because it isn't a real acoustic guitar ;) .

I don't understand how the piezo works... I think that it works only in modelling mode... is it right ?

Many thanks.

Unfortunately no, there's no way to get the raw piezo output with a Variax.

Use Workbench Hd to edit your guitar. Over compressed acoustics are the most obvious symptom of not balancing the global string levels. Do a search for the process. Also customise the acoustic patches by lowering the string levels even more to reduce the impact of the body modelling then make up the gain with the patch volume.

Also the acoustic models are very sensitive to playing style, Sean Halley did a video demonstrating the new models when the firmware came out including some tips.

Thanks Rewolf48 !!!

First step will be to reduce gain of the guitar strings.  ;)

Second step will be to see Sean video.  ;)

I've seen that someone created a strip channel with EQ and Comp for using it in the daw mixer (for example Logic Pro X).

This could be a good idea.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

issue solved after many tests.

Best solution for me was to set "blend magnetic pickup" to 10%" with Workbench HD.

In this way I have less synth effects. ;)

The only issue with this method is that I can't use alternative tuning because the signal is the sum of physics tuning and modeled tuning.

I can use only standard tuning so the physics and modeled signal are the same note.  ;)