Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FBV3 Vs FBV SHORTBOARD MKII for Amplifi 150

arnyong

Hi everyone, 

I have an Amplifi 150 and i kinda love the guitar effects and was considering to buy a pedal footswitch to control its effects. 

Which pedal is better suited/your preference while using it with an AMplifi? FBV Shortboard MKII or FBV 3?

I noted that the FBV 3 has some features (E.g. Programmable lights) Which are not compatible with Amplifi 150. 

FBVShortboard MKII: https://line6.com/foot-controllers/fbv-shortboard-mkii

FBV 3: https://line6.com/foot-controllers/fbv3

Thanks!

I have the FBV Shortboard MKII, and feel that it's the better fit, given the extra expense of the FBV 3 and the fact that the colored LED indicators don't work with the Amplifi series.

It may be difficult to find a new MKII, however. If you're not averse to buying one used, you can sometimes find them on Reverb.com and ebay. I bought mine for $100 from a pawnshop listing I found on craigslist. A buddy found one for $139 on ebay a couple of weeks ago. Both are in like-new condition and work very well.

I went with the FBV3  - got a good deal on a B-stock item - it is more versatile of the two, and even without colored led-rings works just fine. But a shame that they are so expensive :-/

Right now at Thomann the MK II is 173€, and the FBV3 is 196€ - so with less than 25€ difference I'd definitely go for the FBV3.. But of course depends on what deals you can get.

17 hours ago, cloph said:

But yeah, I'm happy with it (except don't like that amplifi triggers on button release, not on button press)

Same here. Makes you learn to get on and get off the switches quickly! you can't just step on one and linger, expecting the tone to change...

On 3/16/2018 at 12:36 PM, cloph said:

But yeah, I'm happy with it (except don't like that amplifi triggers on button release, not on button press)

Yeah, what a weird design choice. Are all line 6 products like this or just the AMPLIFi?