Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Midi support when

rsvette12

You can do this now if you use Ableton (maybe other daw's too) and are able to customise the CC number and value being sent from your midi controller.

There is a Snapshot Index control that you can map to midi. Sending a CC value of 0-15 is snapshot index value 1, 16-25 is snapshot index value 2 etc... or something similar you might need to play around to get the exact values 127 is snapshot index value 8.

You can only bind 1 CC number to the snapshot index so you need to make sure that whatever you bind the Snapshot Index to, you need to set the CC Number to be the same across all buttons.

Example: I have midi mapped CC 24 to the snapshot index.

Button A (CC 24 Val: 1 = Snapshot 1)

Button B (CC 24 Val: 24 = Snapshot 2)

Button C (CC 24 Val: 127 = Snapsot 8)

Hey guys I have an envelop to control Snapshots for plugin Helix Native in Reaper. 

Helix has Snapshot Index midi automation controllable so it puts the control on an envelope. It is an index of 8 and can be controlled by Midi Learn CC. 

I have it set to Midi cc 0 and mi controller is sending values 16 32 48 64 80 so i should get snapshots 1 2 3 4 5

not working though. any advise?

Not Reaper, but for those using Ableton - there's another way to do it, which I've just learned yesterday, you have to "group" the track with HN and map it's chain to a macro virtual knob. Then you can map this knob to range of notes - this way I could map the 8 pads on iRig Keys I/O to be my snapshot buttons. Works like a charm. Just need to make sure pads are using different midi channel than keys and don't interfere with each other. I can now switch instantly between snapshots just by tapping the corresponding pad.

Cool. We need tips for each DAW because they do Midi assignments/mapping differently. Good coverage of Ableton from @Tomasz. I can provide Logic Pro X instructions, if anyone asks for them.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, klarkkentster said:

Midi mapping couldn't come soon enough.  Need to map a volume pedal in Ableton.... had to come up with a workaround in Ableton to be able to do swells. 

I here yah should be great to have it :) 

• Like 1

We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, soundog said:

We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! We want direct MIDI support! 

:) Awesome post and well said

• Thanks 1