Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connect my POD 2 to Windows 10 PC?

kjbo5hao8

I have a (now vintage) POD 2 purchased in 2003. It still works great, but I would like to interface it with my Windows 10 PC for downloading and editing tones. The Line 6 FAQ for POD 2 talks about software called "Line 6 Edit," but I can't find any such software on the Line 6 downloads. Also, I'm assuming I'll need a USB to MIDI hardware interface; recommendations? So here's my question:

How do I connect my POD 2 to a Windows 10 PC for tone editing? And what software do I use?

Thanks.

Got my M-Audio USB Midisport Uno USB to MIDI cable today and it's working great with my POD 2 and Line 6 Edit and Windows 10 Home v1803.

The only hitch is that when I try to browse the online library of tones the Line 6 Edit software crashes, but that's not an issue because I can find and download those presets without the interface.

• 2 months later...

I have an original Pod Pro.  Is that the same as a Pod 2?  I've got the software, installed on my Win10 laptop, got the Midisport 4x4 plugged in, no joy.  Edit says it can't connect to the Pod.  I set the MIDI channel to 1, I see the lights flashing on the Midisport when I try "refresh," I've tried different cables...still nothin'.  Any suggestions?